Ordered from mypetchicken? UPDATE - They are HERE (PICS)!!

merryberry

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 22, 2010
Northeast Ohio
UPDATE: They are here! The PO called me at 7:10 this morning and I was able to go pick them up and put them in the brooder before heading to work. They are all in good shape, started eating and drinking on their own right away. PICS at the bottom!

I am expecting my first four chicks fom mypetchicken.com this week! I was re-reading the email they sent me, and I noticed it said that the chicks might ship Monday or Tuesday, and they are coming via express mail. So I am wondering, if you got your chicks from mypetchicken, when did they arrive? And did you notice the shipment date?

I'll make it work either way, but it would help a bit to know if I should expect them tomorrow, since my DH will have to leave work to get them. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
After speaking with a few MPC Reps at great length here is the general consensus that I've learned.

* MPC orders drop-ship from a hatchery in Polk, OH zip code 44866. This is the Meyer Hatchery.
* They try to ship all orders no later than 4pm Monday.
* USPS Express mail has a website where you can calculate the estimated arrival time to your location from the hatchery address.
* Report any immediate DOA's or shipping concerns to MPC the day of their arrival.

Also...
* Contact the local Post Office they'll be shipped to. If you're in a larger city with multiple PO's then find out which one is your handler. Let them know you'll be receiving live chickens and find out if they have any special directions. Most will contact you using the phone number printed on the shipping label and allow you to come pick them up right away.
* Have your brooder setup prior to your arrival date.
* Have food and water available immediately and demonstrate to the baby chicks where the water is by dipping their beak in the tray carefully.
* Don't be afraid if they sleep a lot on the first day. It's been a hard and long trip for them overnight and they are probably a bit stressed from the reality of shipping.

My chicks were born on Monday and arrived at my PO at 7am Tues. morning when I got the call. I had them picked up, taken home, and in the brooder no later than 7:30am. I think MPC does a great job working with Meyer Hatchery and the quality of my chicks are phenomenal. Good luck to you on your adventure!

Mine shipped Monday afternoon and arrived bright and early Wednesday morning, and I'm in southern Indiana. Maybe yours will arrive sooner since you're in Ohio????
fl.gif

I live in CA and was thinking no way for Tues, but for sure Wed. Then, I saw someone on the forum who's chicks shipped Mon. Mar 22nd and they got them Tues Mar. 23rd in CALIFORNIA!
ep.gif
They live in the hills above San Diego. They were delivered to their local post office, not picked up a distribution center.

MINE SHIP FROM MPC APRIL 12th!!!!!!!! I ordered them Jan. 29, 2010 and have waited longer than anyone else for my chick!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
I can't believe I only have ONE more week!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Good luck on your delivery, I'll be watching and waiting with you!
caf.gif

I got a phone call from my post office at 6am Wednesday, that my chicks from MPC were ready to be picked up. I live in Connecticut.

BTW: I have had PHENOMENAL customer service from MyPetChicken each and every time I have called them, whether to order, ask a question or report a problem. They have all been super helpful and friendly. All customer service operations should run so effectively!

Last edited:
Thank you for the info!!! Knowing they may be here first thing tomorrow is a big help for my husband.

It is so funny that they ship from Meyer Hatchery (thank you for that info TC_BokBok), because I am driving to Meyer next Monday to pick up four more chicks!!!

Like CarpeDeHen, I originally ordered back in January - from Meyer. The soonest available date was April 12. Then in March, I decided I had to have four more, but Meyer couldn't get me all of the birds until June at that point. So I checked with MPC and they were available on Apr. 5.

So all of my birds are coming from Meyer...but four of them have an extra $32 shipping fee attached
smile.png
The irony.

Back
Top Bottom