Ordering chicks, Where is the best place?

This depends on a lot of things:

What breeds are you looking for?

Price Range?

Looking for pets,eggs,etc or show birds?

Quote:
Try including the Portland area in your search. There are a lot who have chicks in Kalama, La Center, and Ridgefield. I know it is a bit of a drive from Tacoma, but at least you can look at the chicks and pick the ones YOU want. Also you can probably see the parents. And if driving to PDX is not too much farther there are tons around here. They may even work a deal to meet you half way?

Come to the Washington state thread. Maybe someone can help you. It seems to me someone recently mentioned a feed store that had chicks.

This isn't the time of year when most people are hatching. Heck, it's molting season and we're lucky to be getting eggs.

Last edited:
Come to the Washington state thread. Maybe someone can help you. It seems to me someone recently mentioned a feed store that had chicks.

This isn't the time of year when most people are hatching. Heck, it's molting season and we're lucky to be getting eggs.
I'm still getting eggs from my hens. :) I just can't have a rooster.
I know it's the wrong time of year. It's just in my incubator i have some eggs and I have a feeling that only one baby or maybe 2 will hatch. I prefer to raise the in groups for 6 or more.

Back
Top Bottom