Ordering eggs for the first time and I want to have a very good experience

I would contact customs in your country. TSA is one thing, but like another poster said, you still need to follow import guidelines and regulations and have the paper work that goes with it. That is where I'd start. My guess is you will need proper paper work to get them into your country.
As stated previously, some breeds you want are not showable breeds here in the US so technically there is no show quality stock. The SOP refers to the Standard of Perfection. It is a book that our American Poultry Association publishes with the breed standards of a specific breed if that breed is recognized by the Association. Breeders use this to breed their birds to. I'd imagine each country had their own version of an SOP if they had a poultry association dedicated to showing stock. You can find them for sale on the internet.
Do you want to show your birds or are you looking for quality birds from a good source? Show quality stock can also be called Exhibition stock, meaning they're ready to show or exhibit. Even birds who don't qualify for show (per an SOP), come from quality stock vs a hatchery that breeds quantity over quality. Hatchery birds will be of the breed type or have a characteristic of a "breed" (i.e. they lay an olive egg) but are not necessarily a good quality. hth

Back
Top Bottom