Ordering eggs for the first time and I want to have a very good experience

orangesplash

Songster
6 Years
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
Which hatchery should I order eggs from?
This will be the first time that I will be buying eggs. I want the following breeds and want them to be show quality.

Ayam Cemani
Lohman brown
Marans
Araucanas
Easter eggers
Olive eggers
Ameraucana

Some of those 'breeds' listed aren't really breeds (at least here in the US, perhaps they are in your country?). Those are the Lohmann Brown, Easter Eggers, and Olive Eggers. And in the US Ayam Cemanis are not yet an accepted breed, but again that could be different in your country. However, if what I said above is also true for your country, then you can't really get show quality birds of any of those breeds.

I also wouldn't order from any hatchery at all if you're wanting show quality birds. Hatcheries focus on quantity, not quality, and most hatchery birds are a far cry from bird that are actually bred to the SOP. You'd want to try to find breeders that show their birds to buy eggs from if you want show quality :)

I’m not sure if they will ship that far, also there are custom regulations in your country to consider crossing live eggs over. If you will be traveling you might able to bring them with you.
There was an Australian-American that successfully did this few years ago to the Philippines since partially he lived in both countries.
He was able to hatch them in the Philippines though with lots of challenges with humidity and power outages.

Check: ozexpat

Probably illegal! You need to talk to your customs.

It usually takes a lot of money to get the import licenses required to bring eggs in from another money. I would look around locally first. And as others have said, most of the hatcheries here do not breed show quality birds. You need to find small breeders actively showing for that.

So i emailed the TSA and they replied by saying that yes, i can take eggs along... so does it still leave this illegal?

Ayam Cemani belong to Malaysia right. I understand they are the best over there.

what are the breeds that are the best in America?
i am new to this world to want to be educated please hehe.

so where should I get eggs from and what is SOP?

Some of those 'breeds' listed aren't really breeds (at least here in the US, perhaps they are in your country?). Those are the Lohmann Brown, Easter Eggers, and Olive Eggers. And in the US Ayam Cemanis are not yet an accepted breed, but again that could be different in your country. However, if what I said above is also true for your country, then you can't really get show quality birds of any of those breeds.

I also wouldn't order from any hatchery at all if you're wanting show quality birds. Hatcheries focus on quantity, not quality, and most hatchery birds are a far cry from bird that are actually bred to the SOP. You'd want to try to find breeders that show their birds to buy eggs from if you want show quality :)

are you in the US? your avatar says Islamabad. if you are outside the US then that would make the question of which hatcheries a very different question. I would try and find a local source if you are outside the US. with chicks you have a max shipping radous of 3 days.

Yes, yes, I am in Islamabad Pakistan. I was wondering if i could bring the eggs with me from America so i can have the American breeds here too.
do u think thats a good idea?

are you in the US? your avatar says Islamabad. if you are outside the US then that would make the question of which hatcheries a very different question. I would try and find a local source if you are outside the US. with chicks you have a max shipping radous of 3 days.

You will not get show quality from a hatchery...have you tried googling or searching the web for breeders around you? I know some do ship eggs to other countries but no clue what yours allows etc..I would look into what you can find close by and see about your country’s laws on shipping from another country...though that may be a long trip not sure how they’d fare

Yes, yes, I am in Islamabad Pakistan. I was wondering if i could bring the eggs with me from America so i can have the American breeds here too.
do u think thats a good idea?

Probably illegal! You need to talk to your customs.

It usually takes a lot of money to get the import licenses required to bring eggs in from another money. I would look around locally first. And as others have said, most of the hatcheries here do not breed show quality birds. You need to find small breeders actively showing for that.

Back
Top Bottom