Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

New chicks on the block. Isa Browns
20230325_091031.jpg

Awe! They are so adorable! That’s exactly how I feel about my chicks! I even cried on the way to the post office to pick them up. But I also thought they were lost in the mail… so that was both grateful & relieved tears. 🙏🏻❤️
It’s a good thing they came that day too. I had to warm up two chilled chicks on the way home. It was over 72 hours of traveling & their warmer was starting to run out of heat. 🙏🏻

im anxiously awaiting the arrival of some Welsummers at our local feed store. they said they will get 50 pullets and 5 roos , hatch date is 3/14. lady told me to call the 15th after 9am and she will let me know if they were part of her post office pick up that day. its first come first serve and i want 6 pullets and 1 roo. my first roo ever but im pretty excited. i've only ever bought 6 week old pullets from a well known local breeder but she isnt having stock this season...maybe in the fall. so this will be my first foray into raising babies. they will join my flock of 8 . 7 easter eggers and 1 RIR.
I got my babies! Its was harrowing because the first batches they got in the previous weeks sold out in less than an hour. I was able to leave work early and get there right after these arrived at the feed store. ❤ 20230316_122355.jpg 20230319_075710_HDR.jpg 20230319_075751.jpg

And yesterday we moved them out of the tote brooder into their next home before they go in the coop with the rest of the flock.
20230324_194517.jpg

my chicks arrived. sadly two died. took 2 days to get from the south part of washington to the west part or oregon.
they didnt have any food left and its cold, i think thats what got them. but, the other ones are doing well now! silverudd's blue. so i will have some different lines with my small flock(as different as you can get) now wait until they grow up and see how many boys i get and pick out the best ones then test for the blue egg gene.

Back
Top Bottom