Oregano oil for chickens

http://www.ropastore.com/global/poultry

Ropa now has an online store with the specific products for chickens called Ropa Poultry Complete. I received good service from them.

I bought some Ropa from mypetchicken 5 weeks ago and I am now blown away how beautiful my hens look. They are 4 years old and had slowed down on laying. They are back up to production, their combs have never been so deep red and their feathers shine like they have a spotlight on them. I lost a hen to potential coccidia last year so I bought this to protect my new chicks, that are now 12 weeks old. I put the 7 week old chicks and the hens on Ropa when I introduced them into the run together. The run is split, but they share the water. I'm glad to find a natural product to keep away parasites, but I'm so impressed how I can see a huge difference in my older hens. I will feel safe my chicks are protected when I pull them off the medicated feed.

It is expensive if you are trying to make money on eggs. I am not, my chickens are pets and I want them healthy and quality eggs are important to me for a healthy diet. Highly recommend.

We don't use either every day or at the same time.  I think they do help, but from personal experience I would say you still need to do an occasional deworming (at least every six months) with a chemical dewormer.  There are many good ones on the market.  I hate giving them chemicals too, but I learned the hard way that natural based or herbal based products are only effective to a point.  We had a sick hen who significantly improved for a while with the oregano oil given to her every day in her water.  We rotate ACV, Oregano Oil, poultry vitamins, in the waterers, and also occasionally use crushed garlic (which they don't like very much, though I might have used too much) in the water, and sometimes Turmeric (which they also don't care for). And lots of days we give them just plain fresh water.  It works out to about once a week for each of the things I mentioned. It's a very inexact science and everyone has their own methods, that's just what we do.  We have some chickens who have lived to be 8 to 10 years old, so I'm guessing we're doing something right.

I love the idea of rotating each ingredient! How much of the oregano oil, garlic, and turmeric do you put per gallon of water? I had been doing only the ACV, but I'm about to switch!

The Oregano oil is .06 of a cc to a gallon of water. ( think, I 'll have to check, if I'm wrong I will get back on here tomorrow to let you know). I have a dropper that has that measurement on it. You should be able to find one with that measurement at the local pharmacy. For the Turmeric, I was never really sure, It's supposed to be like 1% of the feed. I just kind of guestimate, and add it to their dry feed. I've read you cam mix it in yogurt, and they like that, but I haven't tried it. It sort of coats or mixes in with the dry feed, and they eat it.

The ACV is good too.  The kind with the Mother in it, the organic kind.  One TBSP to a gallon of water.

Thank you! Yeah I've been adding the Braggs ACV to their water since I got them for its benefits. I love the idea of adding things to the yogurt too, mine LOVE it! And turmeric is so good for humans, I'm sure it's great for the chickens! Garlic too!

Wow, I'm glad I came across this thread! I had no idea all the good natural stuff for chickens! I use doTerra essential oils for myself, I've used Oregano oil multiple times when sick and it really helps get better faster. It is super potent (I put mine in a capsule too). I never thought about giving it to chickens! I'll have to grow more oregano next year so I can feed that to my girls as well. Are there any other herbs that are beneficial for chickens? I also grow rosemary, thyme, parsley, basil, sage, mint, and sorrel and I would totally grow more if they were good for my girls!

I use the oil of Oregeno from http://www.ropapharm.com/global/animal-species/poultry.

This stuff is amazing. I've had my chickens on it for most of this year and they are so healthy and beautiful.

Oil of Oregeno has antibiotic, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and anti-viral properties. These pathogens don't have a prayer when it comes to oil of Oregeno.

Please check this product out. Very affordable and easy to use. Put 6cc per gallon on water for the first 21 days and then 3cc per gallon thereafter.

When there is a sudden change in temperature I have went back up to the 6cc per gallon of water.

You can put it in a galvanized or plastic watered.
This oil strengthens your chickens immune system too.

I take oil of Oregeno myself and for my family. Get the human form from health food stores.

Ropapharm also has a product for equines which I use on the horses as well.

Good stuff for sure!!!!

My chickens don't know what it is like to drink plain water.

The Braggs ACV is also a great product. Keeps the Ph level in your body correct. Therefore disease can't get a foothold.

Do the research and you'll learn a lot about these things.

Thanks for reading. I have the contact info for Ropaharm if anyone is interested in their products. They are located in Iowa and can ship to your home. Cost is less than $30.00 for 1000 ml bottle. I have over 100 head of chickens and guineas and they get it in their water everyday. Healthy and more healthy!!!

Ranger7 that is a good price!

I am also using a Ropa product called Ropa Poultry complete, I buy it here:

http://www.ropastore.com/global/ropapoultry

It cost twice as much as Ranger7 ropa formula, but has twice as many ingredients. I just have 7 hens.

Emulsifier (E484), propylene glycol, water, oregano, cinnamon, pepper, nicotinamide, pantothenic acid, milk thistle, artichoke, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, thyme oil.

Vitamin A E 672 2000000 I.U.
Vitamin B1 600 mg
Vitamin B12 4000 mcg
Vitamin B6 800 mg
Vitamin D3 300000 I.U.
Vitamin E 8000 mg

Ranger7, you think I could get the same effect with the cheaper formula? They do not have it in the ropastore where I order so you much call the distributers?

It has oregano plus other stuff and I can't rave about it enough. It made my 4 year old girls shine like they never had.

Mydoterra.com/Faith - dōTERRA provides therapeutic-grade essential oils and wellness products to people who care about improving their health and that of their loved ones.

Go to shop single oils and look for Oregano. You can also use it on your own (human) family members, by diluting it with a carrier oil (such as Olive, coconut, avocado, jojoba, etc oils) and put it on the bottom of the feet of someone whose sick to fight infections!

Back
Top Bottom