Oregon bill seeks to criminalize breeding/raising livestock for meat

Pics
Sooner or later they gonna try making it so no one can have animals or even live in rural areas they want everyone living in smart toxic cities.

Didn't they recently say no farmers can use cow poo too or try pass something like that? At the end of the day the people have no one else to blame but themselves because as a collective we let these people with there mighty arrogance and assumes authority take and take and take from us while most passively go alone.

With the extra roosters, there will be animal shelters overloaded and spiking rates of rooster abandonment, along with illegal cockfighting and those who'll slaughter secretly anyways.
I know a few people who are into government and everything. There needs to be awareness raised. Rallies, protests, bumper stickers, Facebook pages, and many other ways to raise awareness. Contact your State Legislators and tell them why this is a bad idea. Write letters to the editor in the newspaper so those who read, will see it.
The big picture is what some people I know and me have been studying: Those in charge are trying to take control of everything. That's including your food. GMOS is one of the biggest things on that. GMO seeds cannot reproduce, therefore, even if you do grow your own garden, you can't be fully self sufficient because your plants seeds will not reproduce. Meat is one of the only food that you still can be truly self sufficient on, and they don't like that, so they're trying to get their hands on that, too.

It was 20 years ago or so but I remember it like it was yesterday. There was a state senator in Nevada that attempted to criminalize the eating of animals. They called it a "puppy mill bill" and it was "aimed against the <stated ethnic group> that steals people pets and eats them". They claimed that we "had to stop the abuses of puppy mills and the eating of beloved pets." The details came in the wording and the order of the words. The definition of what was protected from eating (It's been 20 years but I think the word was actually "pet") was defined as "any animal not a human" and it was buried in parts of the bill that wasn't close to the "do not eat" wording. There were three parts to the bill. I remember the anti-puppy mill and the eating "pets" part. Don't remember what the third was but they hid intent by redefining words ... or providing "legal definitions" to words that mislead.

The scary thing is the bill came down to the wire and was killed last minute when the bill's sponsor started storming around the halls threatening people who wouldn't commit to voting for it... kinda rubbed them the wrong way.

D

"it is forbidden and a sin to eat pork (i.e. Jewish, Muslim, or Christian"

I would just like to clarify that Christians are not forbidden to eat pork, the Levitical law (in which that is stated) was for the Jews of the old testament and yes, for there health was part of it. (Someone mentioned what gross things pigs eat). God wanted his people to be holy because it was there job to preserve his word. Many many Jews still follow this law, but it is not "forbidden" to eat pork for Christians, Nor is it a sin. :)

(I just wanted to clarify, do NOT want to offend anyone)

also, I hope that this doesn't become a law, it probably won't, but I can see how it could become disastrous.
I disagree!

And you can’t clarify anything since it’s just your opinion.

I stopped eating pork back in December of 2020, and I feel better spiritually and I absolutely DO feel better. I, myself am not religious—because no man or woman in the Bible was. There were no Christians or any other religionists, realistically. They were all broken souls that God used for his greater good.

All that babble stated, I am a Christ believer spiritually! Btw, i accept gay marriage, and I think it’s fine for two ppl to love one another. Many Christians state eating pork is levitical, yet say gay marriage isn’t. Can’t have it both ways. That’s just an example of how hypocritical some religionists are.

I don’t believe it is clean to eat pork, and scripture does say it is unclean! Period! Religionists who eat it will find any excuse to justify it.
Again, I do believe in Christ and our Lord, but spiritually, not religiously. And even I believe it’s wrong to eat pork. I just feel it is when I think deeply about it. Personally, God puts it in my heart, it is.
The body does NOT need pork to survive.
Ducklingguy 🦆

I disagree!

And you can’t clarify anything since it’s just your opinion.

I stopped eating pork back in December of 2020, and I feel better spiritually and I absolutely DO feel better. I, myself am not religious—because no man or woman in the Bible was. There were no Christians or any other religionists, realistically. They were all broken souls that God used for his greater good.

All that babble stated, I am a Christ believer spiritually! Btw, i accept gay marriage, and I think it’s fine for two ppl to love one another. Many Christians state eating pork is levitical, yet say gay marriage isn’t. Can’t have it both ways. That’s just an example of how hypocritical some religionists are.

I don’t believe it is clean to eat pork, and scripture does say it is unclean! Period! Religionists who eat it will find any excuse to justify it.
Again, I do believe in Christ and our Lord, but spiritually, not religiously. And even I believe it’s wrong to eat pork. I just feel it is when I think deeply about it. Personally, God puts it in my heart, it is.
The body does NOT need pork to survive.
Ducklingguy 🦆
And I’m not trying to start trouble or any of that, but it is just a strong belief of mine—pig is not meant to eat.
Go watch how these pigs are treated in slaughter houses, it is enough to put a knot in your stomach.
Completely wrong.

I don't eat pork either, although I can't say I have any real rational reason not to. I just feel like it's gross. I'm not a follower of any of the Abrahamic religions but somehow the consensus among them suggests maybe they're on to something. Pig meat looks too much like human meat, and I've seen what pigs eat and I just don't want to be on the back end of that particular carbon cycle. I mean I have nothing against them as pets, if that's your thing. I might actually keep some someday when I get my own land, as they can be quite useful in tearing up forest underbrush and eradicating things like poison ivy and kudzu. But I'd never eat them. To each their own, though. I'm not morally opposed to it. But I do feel like a minority in this country where people seem to have a love affair with bacon.

I think vegetarianism certainly presents some dietary challenges. I was one for many years, and I ate healthier than most, and I never had any major issues, but I was also young enough to be able to get away with it. People who are vegan or vegetarian in their 20s and have no problems might think this proves that their diet is healthy, but keep that same diet into your 40s and 50s and you may start to have serious health issues.

My best defense for vegetarianism is that most of Hindu south India has been doing it for thousands of years, and they seem to manage without any systemic health issues that don't also exist in the north, where the majority of people are Muslims and do eat meat. But they also do a lot of dairy and lentils and perhaps have other alternative sources for nutrients to make up for not having meat.

But I also think there are differences from person to person. I've known people who tried to be vegetarian, did it healthfully, and just felt horrible and had no energy and had to give up. Others can maintain that same diet for decades without having any issues. There are definitely differences from person to person, and there may well be a genetic component, which might also account for the Indian population.

I recently went back to eating meat myself, after 23 years without it, because my research suggested I might be missing out on health benefits, and because, unlike when I was a kid and went vegetarian, I have meat options that don't involve factory farming. Also my understanding of animals and what constitutes a good, happy life for them has evolved a lot since I was a kid.
You’re right! Everyone’s body is so different.
Hmmmm, maybe I should backtrack. I think some ppl probably do better, health wise with just eating very minimum meat such as fish or eggs along with fruits and mostly vegetables. I have had friends from other countries who seem to do fine with the vegetarian lifestyle, but they did eat eggs and some fish.
I believe eating nothing but fruits and vegetables isn’t healthy at all! We need some nutrition from meat, but it doesn’t have to be pork! We also need carbohydrates from breads, so so...
Lol, I own a pig, so I know what they eat. I don’t think pork is that tasty altogether either! Some of it has a nasty taste to it. Personally, what was so hard for me to kick was ham and sausage—but I did it. Pork chops always tasted

It can be a challenge not to order pepperoni for your pizza, lol. I just fill the gap with extra cheese, or something else.

I just feel better not eating pork. 🤷🏻‍♂️ idk, maybe psychological, but I don’t really think so.

Ducklingguy 🦆

Back
Top Bottom