Oregon bill seeks to criminalize breeding/raising livestock for meat

Pics
The CDC has been so fickle and confusing throughout the entire COVID-19 drama.

Ever since last March, they’ll say one thing, and totally contradict themselves the next. I don’t think they know much about what they’re talking about!
I could say so much more, lol. I’ll leave it at that.

ps. Don’t forget to wear your mask into a restaurant, so you can take it off when you sit down 🙄

Lol

Ducklingguy 🦆
Rofl I know right? I read a 1 star review on yelp for a restaurant - they were mad because some people walked into the restaurant without their masks on, and so the reviewer confronted them about how they were putting her immunocompromised friend at risk. Meanwhile they're surrounded by people without masks eating at tables around them. But the person walking in without one is a threat to you? If you're so worried about your immunocompromised friend, get takeout or find a place with outdoor seating!

But yeah dont' even get me started on the CDC during covid. They and the WHO have lost all, ALL credibility to me. They have not been confused, they have been outright lying to people for over a year, changing the lie to suit them whenever they wanted to push a different narrative. Their censorship and blacklisting of doctors, researchers, and independent journalists trying to publish data about lifesaving treatments with minimal risks, while telling sick people that there are "no currently accepted treatments" so just stay home and wash your hands, is unforgiveable.

From glancing at the text of the bill, it all sounds like it's aimed to punish animal cruelty. It says that established humane animal husbandry practices are exempt from this law. So the pracrice of culling roosters is not necessarily illegal under this proposed law. Only backyard chicken farmers that are mistreating the animals are going to be affected.
and it will be super easy to enforce rules for “backyard chicken” farming. ;) literally...people in town have chickens in their backyard...is the government going to make you register your chickens and then do random inspections.

this bill is just a political chess move to waste money on their opponents side and to be divisive.

the only thing i trust the government to do is deliver the mail and i wish they would do it once a week like the garbage...but you can’t actually customize mail delivery nor get rid of your mail box...or even move your mail box.

and it will be super easy to enforce rules for “backyard chicken” farming. ;) literally...people in town have chickens in their backyard...is the government going to make you register your chickens and then do random inspections.

this bill is just a political chess move to waste money on their opponents side and to be divisive.

the only thing i trust the government to do is deliver the mail and i wish they would do it once a week like the garbage...but you can’t actually customize mail delivery nor get rid of your mail box...or even move your mail box.
It really depends on where you live. Some neighborhoods have at least one Karen living there who will take it upon herself to report her law-breaking neighbor.

Know what I hate most about the mail service? 80% of what they deliver to you is unsolicited junk mail, and you can't opt out of it. And depending on who lived in your house before you, you may also be getting all the junk mail of former residents who have moved. And even if you tell the post office and ask them to return mail addressed to those people to the sender, they ignore your request and just keep delivering it. So even if you take measures to minimize all your actual real mail by doing things online, you still end up drafted into the USPS's fleet of unpaid recycling service drones, obligated to periodically empty out all the trash they stuff into your mailbox, because if you let it fill up they'll just stop delivering everything and you won't get any of the mail you actually want. Oh, and of course don't ever tell the post office if you're moving so they can forward your mail to your new address, because as we all find out the hard way, they sell your name and new address to Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, and every other home-improvement chain so that THEY can send you coupons and add you to their mailing list and resell your address to as many people as THEY want. Truly a worthwhile use of our tax dollars. I think I'd rather just pay a monthly fee to a private company to handle the small amount of actual mail I need to get and quit the post office all together. Too bad that's not an option.

It really depends on where you live. Some neighborhoods have at least one Karen living there who will take it upon herself to report her law-breaking neighbor.

Know what I hate most about the mail service? 80% of what they deliver to you is unsolicited junk mail, and you can't opt out of it. And depending on who lived in your house before you, you may also be getting all the junk mail of former residents who have moved. And even if you tell the post office and ask them to return mail addressed to those people to the sender, they ignore your request and just keep delivering it. So even if you take measures to minimize all your actual real mail by doing things online, you still end up drafted into the USPS's fleet of unpaid recycling service drones, obligated to periodically empty out all the trash they stuff into your mailbox, because if you let it fill up they'll just stop delivering everything and you won't get any of the mail you actually want. Oh, and of course don't ever tell the post office if you're moving so they can forward your mail to your new address, because as we all find out the hard way, they sell your name and new address to Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, and every other home-improvement chain so that THEY can send you coupons and add you to their mailing list and resell your address to as many people as THEY want. Truly a worthwhile use of our tax dollars. I think I'd rather just pay a monthly fee to a private company to handle the small amount of actual mail I need to get and quit the post office all together. Too bad that's not an option.
This is a small way to stick it to "them", but it still provides a small level of satisfaction. When you get that junk mail with the prepaid envelope, mail all their crap back to them. Remove anything with your name on it if you want, or fill it with last week's sports section from the newspaper. Doesn't really matter what you put in there. They don't pay upfront for postage on that envelope, they pay when they get it back.

This is a small way to stick it to "them", but it still provides a small level of satisfaction. When you get that junk mail with the prepaid envelope, mail all their crap back to them. Remove anything with your name on it if you want, or fill it with last week's sports section from the newspaper. Doesn't really matter what you put in there. They don't pay upfront for postage on that envelope, they pay when they get it back.
My dad does that lol.

I don't like to disagree, except when people are wrong.

duty_calls.png

Rofl I know right? I read a 1 star review on yelp for a restaurant - they were mad because some people walked into the restaurant without their masks on, and so the reviewer confronted them about how they were putting her immunocompromised friend at risk. Meanwhile they're surrounded by people without masks eating at tables around them. But the person walking in without one is a threat to you? If you're so worried about your immunocompromised friend, get takeout or find a place with outdoor seating!

But yeah dont' even get me started on the CDC during covid. They and the WHO have lost all, ALL credibility to me. They have not been confused, they have been outright lying to people for over a year, changing the lie to suit them whenever they wanted to push a different narrative. Their censorship and blacklisting of doctors, researchers, and independent journalists trying to publish data about lifesaving treatments with minimal risks, while telling sick people that there are "no currently accepted treatments" so just stay home and wash your hands, is unforgiveable.
Biochemist with PhD here. I work in human In-vitro diagnostics and have since genetic testing began in the early '90s. The original test for COVID was developed on an instrument that I managed the development for.

What most people do not realize is that science is a messy process. It works because a group of people, with differing motives and agendas, all want to discover what is truth.

When things are normal, lay people do not see the process at work. That does not mean it is any less messy. In a crisis like this where everyone wants the answer RIGHT NOW (and for good reason--everyone was scared) the general public is exposed to how science works.

The CDC and the WHO, and all the local health departments (for the most part) worked to understand the virus and the epidemiology under high pressure circumstances and the microscope of moment by moment reporting. Most importantly, they also corrected anything they got wrong as soon as the evidence made that clear. The result of that is that it looked like they provided conflicting information and it looked like they changed their stances. But if you look at what each of those bodies have said over the course of the Pandemic, it is consistent with the current scientific and public health understanding at that point in time in that organization.

This process (discover, share, probe, reassess) is how science works. This is why we have all the advances that we take for granted like electric lights and vaccines. It usually does not play out under the harsh lights of political agendas and a culture war.

So, next time you get on a plane or go under anesthesia be aware that the exact same process resulted in your being able to travel safely or wake up from being sliced open and put back together. The scientific method and science works. If it had not, millions more would have died last year.

Also, get vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom