Oregon Coast - who else is hating this rain?

The Chicken Fan

Chirping
May 26, 2015
Oregon
Hey fellow Oregonians!

Just wondered how everyone and their chickens are enjoying the rain we're having.

My girls can't wait for summer and I don't blame them; it's pretty miserable.

How are your chickens faring?

barnie.gif
I agree with you me and my girls can't wait for summer, when I ride my dirt bike they all come to the fence and watch,ha ha

Thankfully my girls are somewhat protected from being wet. Under the coop, it is enclosed on three sides; and then a fellow chicken lover gave me the idea to tie feed bags to the chicken wire. It definitely helps protect my girls from the wind and rain and keeps the run semi-dry.

Other chicken lovers: how do you try to keep your girls dry?

Thankfully my girls are somewhat protected from being wet. Under the coop, it is enclosed on three sides; and then a fellow chicken lover gave me the idea to tie feed bags to the chicken wire. It definitely helps protect my girls from the wind and rain and keeps the run semi-dry.

Other chicken lovers: how do you try to keep your girls dry?
On keeping them dry, I usually just make sure to provide plenty of places free from wind/rain, and if they want to go out in the rain and get wet, it's their choice!
lol.png

Last edited:
My girls eventually get tired of being cooped up and will walk out into the rain turn around and run right back in. Every time I walk out there, they let me know that they don't like this weather about a 1,000 times
smile.png

My girls eventually get tired of being cooped up and will walk out into the rain turn around and run right back in. Every time I walk out there, they let me know that they don't like this weather about a 1,000 times
smile.png
Lol! Sometimes, our chickens will go out when it stops raining, but when it begins to rain again, they run to the trees for cover!
big_smile.png

Lol! Sometimes, our chickens will go out when it stops raining, but when it begins to rain again, they run to the trees for cover!
big_smile.png
Mine see the dripping trees and decide the coop is a better place for cover. But there is always that one chicken that doesn't mind the rain like the others do.

We have an old satellite dish, covering four plastic dog houses, filled with bedding in the run, which is inside a patch of fir trees. For the most part they go out and scratch. When its really bad, I notice a few escape the chicken run to sit under the rabbit hutch and scratch.

Back
Top Bottom