Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

D.gif
Gloria laid her first egg today!!!!
D.gif
It was a beautiful light blue thing! I should've taken a picture but I couldn't wait. I had to crack it to see if it was fertile and it was so I'm going to save the next few beauties and put them in the bator because Kalamata is definitely the father and not only will the babies be gorgeous but the egg color from the girls *AHEM* and they will all be girls
lau.gif
will be absolutely something to oggle! Now we just have to get that little black Ameraucana I just got from Jeanine laying eggs like the big blue one she came from!

[[[.......I went to the Deschutes County Fair last night and saw you champion Goose. Beautiful bird. Congrats......]]]]]]

Thank you. I am very proud of her.

She is delighted to be home. She and I are both tired of listening to people (adults too) shouting "Aflac" at the Pekins next door.

Quote:
Yup. It's strange. But intriguing... and I do love the chicken hood ornament!
smile.png

Who thinks of this stuff (the chicken hood ornament, I mean)? Oh...I guess we would.

Quote:
Awww they are beautiful Cathy! Louis and Jacques look like their Dad's....OMG! It is the spitting image of my roosters standing right there....so cool!

Chickens are doing great outside!
clap.gif
Most are even learning to go into coop at night! (most, not all)
barnie.gif
Those silly silkies! Love them,
love.gif
but still had to be put up tonight! What is even funny is that today I had the mist-ter on. (forgot about it) So when I went out at dark, I noticed it and turned it off. It had been pointed at the area they had first been grouping together to sleep (before I put them into the coop). The silkies where the only ones tonight piled up there. Here they were in that spot trying to sleep with the water still misting from the hose!
ep.gif
It was on a very light mist, so they had just started getting damp. But still, you would think they would have at least moved to a different spot!
sickbyc.gif
No! Silly silkies! (I knew there was a reason I named them after the 3 stooges!)
tongue2.gif

I'll try and get pics tomorrow. (hoping it is sunny again) Hef is the only rooster (silkies I'm still not sure yet) with all those hens. It really is the Playboy Mansion! (that is what I named the coop)
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hate to say it but my silkies have never been the smartest birds in the coop
lol.png
Glad to hear everyone is doing great. How is Hef liking it outside? I'm jealous...I wish my roosters could sleep with their ladies at night.

Quote:
Hef loves it outside! He was chasing one of the laying hens this morning.(trying to get busy, if you know what I mean!) If I was to let any eggs hatch, I would probably have all kinds of d'Uccle crosses! LOL Hef just struts around all day, looking after His 'girls'! (that is another reason I'm still questioning the sex of the silkies. There hasn't been any 'fighting'/rivalry between Hef and any of the silkies) And Hef is the only one crowing out there, so ? on what they are. Most of the crowing is still in the house!

Last edited:
Updated list:
Probably bringing
Little Giant incubator with turner - held temperatures great, I'm just wanting a Brinsea and DH is a little concerned about the number of incubators.
Saxony (duck) drake hatched April from Holderreads
(hoping to sell these before the swap but will bring if I don't get around to craigs list)
Possibly some pet quality Blue marans if I have time to incubate (if not eggs?)

Wanting:
Nothing alive (I hope)
Honey from Zannaa
Possibly hatching eggs ? Buttercup?
Lots of time to browse

Last edited:
Serama update, again: Another change of heart
lol.png
I'm keeping Remington and Mimi and one of Zephyr's girls from my latest hatch. What's another trio
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom