Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Super cool!!!!

Quote:
So cool!
thumbsup.gif

I'll have to post pic also.
You know my eggs all have chicks in them that are moving around like mad. Do you think I should lockdown a day or so early also? This coming Wed is lockdown day for me. I'll have to keep a watchful eye on them!
clap.gif

Quote:
So cool!
thumbsup.gif

I'll have to post pic also.
You know my eggs all have chicks in them that are moving around like mad. Do you think I should lockdown a day or so early also? This coming Wed is lockdown day for me. I'll have to keep a watchful eye on them!
clap.gif

Yes, Paula, please do! I'm so very humbled by all this...it's so exciting and thrilling and makes me so happy that people are enjoying hatching Seramas!

Chicken run accomplished
smile.png
and back home by noon. Willie is settled in a summer house in the yard next to Gilligan and MarAnn the Serama pair so he has company he can see. He has tried out his crow here and I must say I laughed. It was not loud at all. It was squeaky...

If anyone knows of a local breeder of the Porcelain d' uccle bantams I will be looking for a few pullets to keep him company.

Made it an afternoon of rooster catching and sent 3 nice looking ones to the feed store to temp this weekends shoppers. They tell me my roosters sell fast as they look so good. The LF Salmon Fav eggs are starting to hatch as well.. the camera will be on so hopefully you can see it too.

Quote:
Lol I'm glad you like his crow
big_smile.png
I think I'm just too used to my Serama roos and their lower crows. I loved that little guy to death but my family was on the verge of disowning me! I'm glad he is settled in and near Seramas. He will be so happy to be with his "kind"
lol.png

How are the newest Seramas doing? Did you decide how to pair them up? Can't wait to watch your hatching camera! Thank you again!

The newest Seramas, I call them the littles... They are currently all in one cage sitting lined up on the roost. I need to get used to who is who before I decide how to pair them up. So far I'm doing all the talking and their just listening. They should be sassing me in no time.

Quote:
Lol I have no doubt about that. They were a sassy bunch! Feel free to rename them as you see fit. It is always hard picking names and seeing if they grow into them! I can't wait to see photos of them as they mature. Some of them are just amazing with their penciling and colors.

Quote:
Thanks again so much!!! Doddie Truedson has some really nice porcelain d'Uccles, I don't know how many girls she has available right now, but she had a nice pair for sale at the Clackamas County fair this week. Also, you can use mille fleur hens with him too, because the porcelain is mille fleur diluted out by lavender. I THINK if you bred mf's to him you'd get some porcelain and some mille fleur.
smile.png
I think. Either that or it makes splits, but I think you'd get both.

So, when you take roos to your feed store, you give them to the store and then they sell them for whatever amount they see fit right? Do they just take your roos because they have a relationship with you as a customer, or will they take roos from anyone? I have a S-ton of roos that need to go elsewhere, and I can't give them away on CL right now....
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom