Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Hey Zoo, don't forget to change the link in your sig line now!
wink.png

Hello,
frow.gif

Just had to let you know about my new little guys.
I went in this morning to check on everyone: feed, water, clean, and what-not. (And of course, PLAY
ya.gif
) While at the swap, I also bought a little dark colored silkie (can't remember your name
hide.gif
so so sorry), I named the little guy Canby! (ok it's a no-brainer) Well little Canby started 'shouting' to 'get out and play' too. So I set in floor with new babies from swap. And you are not going to believe this, but the seramas, Frankie and Jonnie, that I got from Zoomummzy, have adopted little Canby!
hugs.gif
It is the funniest thing! I had only left for a minute, and when I came back, Frankie and Jonnie had went into the kennel that was just sitting on the floor. I had used it to bring them home from swap. It still had some bedding in it. But were was Canby?? I looked in the kennel, there was Frankie and Jonnie all 'nesting' together and (this is so sweet!) I found Baby Canby under them!
clap.gif
It was adorable! Later, I found the two taking turns 'sitting' on little Canby!
jumpy.gif
Guess I don't need that brooder.
lau.gif
Question?? But what do I do when the 'baby' gets bigger than 'mommy and daddy'??!?
lau.gif

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
How cute!!! I'm so glad they have a little friend
smile.png
The same thing happened with my Serama mom...her baby - Siobhan who was adopted by CathyM - was bigger than she was! Didn't stop her from sleeping under her wing though

Quote:
Thanks for answering about the Poultry testing - that makes a lot more sense now! I really do understand the booze rule being a con for some people. I don't have a problem with people drinking, but around people I don't know well, I am not comfortable bringing my kids (or encouraging other families to show up) if I thought there would be alcohol, so for some of us it's actually a pro
big_smile.png
Do you know if it would be ok to still bring home-made bottled alcohol to swap or sell as long as there are no open containers? Or would it be prohibited entirely? That would be important to know up front.

Quote:
Thanks for answering about the Poultry testing - that makes a lot more sense now! I really do understand the booze rule being a con for some people. I don't have a problem with people drinking, but around people I don't know well, I am not comfortable bringing my kids (or encouraging other families to show up) if I thought there would be alcohol, so for some of us it's actually a pro
big_smile.png
Do you know if it would be ok to still bring home-made bottled alcohol to swap or sell as long as there are no open containers? Or would it be prohibited entirely? That would be important to know up front.

I don't want any misunderstanding, lol we weren't boozing it up at the swap...we just had some wine and mead sampling going on (which was so good! Want some more of that Zanna...). Unfortunately we won't be able to have that at the fairgrounds. I honestly don't think we are allowed to have any alcohol at all for sale even for private consumption off property. You need liquor licenses for that I'm pretty sure or a permit at least.

Last edited:
Another VERY important detail if the Fairgrounds get the final nod... there are home football games for OSU on Sept 24, Oct 8 & 15. This means that the campground will most likely be pretty full, and it would cost more. (There is a 2 night minimum for those weekends), but it also means there will be tons of traffic, which could be good. Do you think the Gameday Shuttle running from the fairgrounds would mean problems for parking? I've never dared to even drive by on those days to see how full the lots get, so I'd have no clue. Anybody know for sure?

Another reason to have the shindig, or at least the slumber party on private land. I drink so incredibly seldomly that I do not care one way or the other, but if peeps are gonna get together they tend to tip one back.

How about a park with a campground? Some place with a public setting for sales and a private forest for camping and shade.

We have one of those here, there must be tons of them.

Quote:
We will need to pick a date when the game is away. We won't be able to use the parking lot for our event. I don't think we even want to try and deal with it at all anywhere at the fairgrounds during home games. The few times I had to drive by, it was a nightmare. I have an email into the fairgrounds now to check dates.

Back
Top Bottom