Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

One thing that got us to attend our first swap was a posting on Craigs list. Though it did not make us buy on that day we did find out about the forum and had us think more how to get things done. We did reserve 4 chickens for the Canby swap and our son picked up a cochin from a general sale. I think if it was in Corvallis or Albany another way of getting people introduced to the group is some flyers around the Saturday Market. With people looking for farm fresh produce the next step is fresh eggs.

Another good thing about Corvallis is there are a lot of people into natural food (ie jams/plants/eggs
wink.png
) I will still be attending (no matter where it winds up) but as someone who drives by the billboard at the fairgrounds, I am always thinking - ooooh I want to go to that or Darn, I will miss it. My two cents.

I do have to agree with all of that! I'm still waiting to hear back from Nancy at the fairgrounds about what location we can use (the South Parking Lot is a bit booked and crazy during that season) and some dates.

The Fairgrounds sounds good to me , of course that could be because it's closest to me
roll.png
The Canby swap was neat -enjoyed getting the new chickens, the wonderful Cupcakes, Honey, Jam and Cheesecake. The duck eggs that I got from Daze went into the Incubator this evening
celebrate.gif
. The 2 BLRW are cuddling in a Dog Kennel with the 2 Marans, they seem to be hiding out from the other chickens
hide.gif
ZooMummzy - The 2 Show Girls are doing fine , they are hanging out with a white silkie and a buff silkie. I loved seeing the Seramas and actually got the DH to leave his pickup and look at them
ep.gif
. He's been sharing his TV room with the 2 that we hatched and now says he knows what they are supposed to look like
barnie.gif

Quote:
I was wondering how everyone was doing
smile.png
So glad to hear all is well! It was great meeting you and I'm glad you'll be able to make the fall one!

And speaking of Seramas, just wanted to throw this out here that I have 2 pairs still available for adoption and one lone roo
sad.png
I'm hoping to find him a mate before he goes to a new home (maybe in a month?) unless someone wants a single Serama roo. They are all pet quality, but sweet as can be (lots of testimonies to this on the spring thread!) and they will be the last I have for awhile. Instead of hatching, this summer I am going to focus on enjoying my babies and hopefully selling eggs from all my pairs and trios this fall. I currently have breeding cages with frizzled, silkied and smooth Seramas - Class C all the way down to Mircros. So if you are looking to join in the fun of having these little ones, let me know soon as they are listed on Craigslist too.

The pairs available are Napoleon and Josephine; Rhett and Scarlett and Duncan, the lonely roo
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
How old is he? If you don't find a girlfriend for him between now and then, let me know - I have the 2 girls from my Feb hatch, and I just set 17 more serama eggs today.
wink.png

clap.gif
I have decided I'm going to move forward and invest in a incubator.
jumpy.gif
One with some bell and whistles, I'm tired of having to work so hard on the homemade one I using now. Regulating temps, moisture, turning by hand...Aurggggh!
th.gif

I have been looking, but wanted to get some advice on the brand that others have used or are using now. I don't have tons of money, so if any one can point me in the direction of a decent brand or model, say under 150.00(?) (is that possible?) I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
D.gif

Has it been decided that it will be Corvallis?

That works well for me, if it isn't too expensive. Has anyone found out how much the fairground would charge?

Actually, I had to look at a map to see where Jefferson is located, and that is a very convenient location, too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Teresa!! We missed you!
hugs.gif

One of the girls you sold my 4Her won RB/RV at the big show in Stevenson last weekend!!!

OMG how amazing!!!! I can not wait now to get my farm and start breeding out great birds like her! 2 more years.....2 more years. Chanting all the time. hahhaa. Well congrats and I am glad you guys had fun!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom