Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
There were restrooms there? Lol....

lol.png
Yeah and I almost didn't make it to them!

Just to let you know Cindy, my girls gobbled up your soaps...I ended up with one of them out of the 4
lol.png
Gonna need to get more next time I think....

How are your girls?

They're snugglers! I had Babette and Nuria in my arms for the longest time last night, and again this morning. They're just so gentle that I ended up putting them in with some of my babies, who have snuggled right up to the girls. Can you say "big sister?".

And I hope your girls are ok? The soap is very mild and shouldn't cause anything too bad, other than maybe some funny tasting eggs?

Last edited:
Yes! I will be at the fall swap.

I've read every note about the spring one and have been dripping with jealousy because I couldn't make it to that one.

I have no idea whether or not I will have anything to bring. It's too far away to know. That should be right about when I am butchering my culls, so it is vaguely possible I might have an extra EQ duck. Who knows, maybe a table goose if I get more goslings than my freezer needs. But since they haven't hatched yet, it's too early to count them.

I will be testing my ideas for incubators, and if that works, I might have an incubator for sale.

Also testing a solar dehydrator. But just because it works in dry, sunny Central Oregon doesn't mean it will work where it rains.

I've got a "wants" list, though. I want some of those Oregon Gray turkeys. I'd also love to find an EQ Blue American goose and I need an EQ Gray Saddleback Pomeranian gander.

It's too bad that the potluck didn't work out, because that would be fun. I would worry, though, about birds and equipment left unattended. I know that everyone here is honest, but you have the general public wandering around and they could be anybody.

Oregon Blues, I left my dog at my canopy and EVERYONE wanted to steal her! But we all watch out for one another and I'm sure if you wanted to go look around someone would watch for you (thank you SO much Tallyho!).

So wasnt sure about doing the fall show due to it being even farther from us than canby my husband was like its not that much farther. OK fine we can go but i'm sleeping and he is driving.
But putting in my request now i would like another brownie swirl.

Quote:
I'd love to hear about your incubator!

I have a breeding flock of Oregon Greys from Porter's Rare turks and my first poult hatched yesterday!

I really like this breed. I have only had them since March 18th, so I will have to think on them a while yet. They are very attractive and blend in well with the natural environment (I am not fond of white because it does not occure naturally so the Midget Whites stand out to predators).

The first poult is a lot of fun! It has the temerament of a house turkey. If they were not so big they'd make great house pets. They act like dogs, thinking you should interact with them and speak to them. This poult makes eye contact and wants to be held. It talks to me and likes me to talk back. Very interactive breed!, of course the parents I bought as adults, so they are not all that warm and friendly.

I am incubating, selling or trading the eggs if you want some eggs or poults. I can not tell you how they fill out if you want them for meat. I can tell you that my hens lay an egg a day, every day, and have been with little exception since 3 days after I brought them home. Those girls are egg-laying machines! So if you are into eating turkey eggs, this breed produces eggs like a chicken! I am not sure how long it will last.

Ahhh this is addicting already!!!

>> I have added a Summer swap in CENTRAL OREGON!! WOOHOO!!
big_smile.png
We are gonna have some fun in the sun with our chickaroos!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=491182

Also... I am adding to my list...

WANTS
- Turkey for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Goose for Christmas dinner!

I would love to pick up an eating Turkey and Goose. Something preferably heritage, must be humanely raised. Organic is wonderful but pasture fed is even better, as long as you're not dousing them with Monsanto evil the day before the swap, I'm pretty much okay with any healthy happy animal. I will process it right after the swap (so give him hugs and kisses that morning - it will be his last
hmm.png
) as we can't take him home with all the chickies. I'll put him in Kamp Kenmore until the big day
smile.png
Please let me know price ahead of time, as I know these birds can get fairly expensive and I want to ease DH into the shock of the swap rather gently
smile.png

I would LOVE to trade for these - maybe some nice hatching eggs of the breeds we have available? Orpingtons, Americaunas and Dominiques. The Orps and Americaunas are SQ lines, the Dominiques are show quality I guess but that's not saying much for this breed because they're so rare at the shows - they still need a lot of work but we are technically showing them (and winning! lol
big_smile.png
). Otherwise I'm happy to pay cash if it is a nice bird, and will do repeat business each year if we like what we find inside.

If I ever do get a chance to get some birds to this one ( certainly not myself
th.gif
) I'm sure I'll have some Olive Eggers, Black Copper Marans, Easter Eggers (Polish x Ameraucana) and possibly some Polish available then.

Quote:
lol.png
Yeah and I almost didn't make it to them!

Just to let you know Cindy, my girls gobbled up your soaps...I ended up with one of them out of the 4
lol.png
Gonna need to get more next time I think....

How are your girls?

They're snugglers! I had Babette and Nuria in my arms for the longest time last night, and again this morning. They're just so gentle that I ended up putting them in with some of my babies, who have snuggled right up to the girls. Can you say "big sister?".

And I hope your girls are ok? The soap is very mild and shouldn't cause anything too bad, other than maybe some funny tasting eggs?

Lol guess I should have clarified....my daughter's got into my soap, not my girlies
smile.png

Those two are snugglers - all of my chicks from this winter really have been. I spent a lot of time with them everyday since hatching so maybe that was it? I'm glad you are enjoying them and they are fitting in.

We will be at the Fall swap barring weather of course and how late in the fall it will be. We likely will be bringing Americauna's from summer hatch and others from summer hatch TBD*. Also might consider bringing a generator for running heat lamps if it is cool out and if we have youngings.

Not sure about wants yet. It is still early LOL.

Last edited:
Quote:
What what do you expect? She's soooooo cute! Yeah, I think I did a good job. I sold some of your soap and a roo!
big_smile.png
BTW, my DH thought I said the black cochin was a roo. I could have bought her from you!

Back
Top Bottom