Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

My chicken numbers are seeming much larger as of late... babies are growing fast! As such, I plan to put some up on criagslist to try and move them out faster, but I would also be happy to sell some off to anyone here who's interested. And you guys get first pick! I am way down south here, but I will be up in the Willamette Valley this weekend, and the weekend of the 27th if anyone wants me to bring chickens.

The birds I hope to move soon are:

Young ones: fully feathered and free ranging but still peeping
5 EE pullets (all brownish orange with black)
4 Speckled sussex cockerals (the friendliest birds I have ever had-wish I could justify keeping all 5!)
1 buff orp cockeral
Pair of Blue Andalusian/Wyandotte x's, both black. I don't mind splitting them up.

older ones: 2 1/2 year olds that need to go to make room for my breeding project
2 columbian wyandotte hens, still reliable layers (albeit in stupid places rather than nest boxes)
1 silver penciled wyandotte hen, I thik she still lays well but since she actually lays where she should, I can't be sure how many eggs we get from her when she isn't broody.

PM me if interested. I will entertain offers
smile.png

And as far as the swap goes, I decided I must remove ducklings from my want list because I don't want any more construction projects till I forget how much of a pain it was to build my new coop.
But I might add to my bringing/have list. Tentatively I am offering some splash blue laced red wyandottes. My hen Scarlett is sitting out in the bushes on 12 eggs (presumably all her own) and my BLRW roo is the onle one with the free range flock. Scarlett has been the most successful of my broodies, so I am sure the hatch will be pretty good, barring possible disasters. I plan to candle her eggs this week and I will keep you all posted.

Quote:
I am interested in a Barnie pullet. I don't think I'll be making it to the swap, but could arrange something with you privately before that. Can you PM me prices and if you are willing to grow them out until you know sex.......of if you want to sell as chicks? Thanks!

Also, anyone have any Welsummer pullets? Chicks?

Quote:
I am interested in a Barnie pullet. I don't think I'll be making it to the swap, but could arrange something with you privately before that. Can you PM me prices and if you are willing to grow them out until you know sex.......of if you want to sell as chicks? Thanks!

Also, anyone have any Welsummer pullets? Chicks?

I have a wellie chick and yes you're more than welcome to meet with me before the swap. In fact I'd prefer it. I have a batch of chicks right now and well I'm kind of just DONE! I really don't want to raise anymore this year. I have BCM eggs, Barnie eggs, and the BBS Orp eggs. I'm not positive on the gender of the Wellie but it looks more pullet than cockerel to me. Let me know when you'd like to meet. The Barnies are due to hatch on or by the 22nd.

Hi everyone!

I finally got my computer back after more than 3 weeks in the shop, went on vacation, been busy with kids at home, lots of chickens to tend to and 4-h things. Plus I've had lots of chicken trouble here....noisy, broody, biatch hens, mean neighbors and my last hatch was mostly boys, like 11 out of 14 (what?!) so I've been down on the whole chicken scene. Anyway, I'm around...don't have much to say, but I'm here. I will have some pullets for the swap. I'm going to try to rehome the boyz before then. No way I can keep those guys in the garage until October. Unfortunately most of them are bantam MFC and faverolles so they won't even make good eating! Hope everyone is OK...I'm going to try to catch up on the posts....wish me luck.

Quote:
I have a wellie chick and yes you're more than welcome to meet with me before the swap. In fact I'd prefer it. I have a batch of chicks right now and well I'm kind of just DONE! I really don't want to raise anymore this year. I have BCM eggs, Barnie eggs, and the BBS Orp eggs. I'm not positive on the gender of the Wellie but it looks more pullet than cockerel to me. Let me know when you'd like to meet. The Barnies are due to hatch on or by the 22nd.

LOL - I know the feeling.....so don't ask me why I'm talking about getting a few more.
smile.png

So how old is your Wellie? Do you have any pics? Do you only have one?
I'd love to meet up with you sometime, but due to work schedule I can't do it for at least another week. We can chat more about that later.

A small brag from me:

At the Deschutes County Fair, my Pomeranian goose won champion goose and champion waterfowl.

I sure hope my photos come out OK. I've never used the camera in my cell phone before. I have to wait for help to get them from my phone to my computer.

Quote:
Congrats!!!

And thanks everyone for offer of grown roos! I'm going to have to hatch eggs out for my new roo due to transport timing. I doubt a roo in an apartment will fly at all for even half a day.

This is our Poultry Swap site for the fall! It had been a year since I was in the building so I took a good look around and I'm even more excited now! It is huge, lots of ventilation and light, overall just very very nice AND we have our own real bathrooms!!!
ya.gif
I didn't get to look at the kitchen/eating area but I'm sure it will be great for our potluck. I'll be posting photos on the website later today.

I'm also happy to report that all my Serama pairs have now been sold!
clap.gif

DSC_0010-14.jpg

DSC_0011-15.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom