Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
Please let me know if this ever happens. I would love to attend. I cant hit the Stevenson show in a few weeks due to back surgery otherwise I would attempt the trip.

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex :

Quote:
An intrigueing idea! I hadn't thought of that, but using my solid colors together could make some super cool designs! I will have to do some research into the masks you mentioned. I have tons of research on red tailed hawk designs and am familiar with Tlingit dance regalia, but I am having trouble bringing a msk to mind... but already the ideas are forming of what I could do.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh I would be VERY interested in a Native American style mask! Especially if it looked something like this:

10035_f-raven-hawk-clan-mask.jpg

Quote:
Please let me know if this ever happens. I would love to attend. I cant hit the Stevenson show in a few weeks due to back surgery otherwise I would attempt the trip.

It's not Vancouver, but we do have one in the Portland area every spring now.

Quote:

Even better since Im in Portland

Quote:

Even better since Im in Portland

Awesome! Check out our website and follow this thread. We usually roll it right into the next one after this one finishes lol. We can't get enough of each other
big_smile.png

Just got back from the East coast, after a week -- it'll take me a while to catch up! I came back to 2-3" of water on the laundry room floor from a burst water heater pipe... a lot more excitement than I planned on returning to, and I couldn't take a hot shower for over a day after getting back!
sad.png
But it's fixed now, and I'm trying to unpack and shift mental gears (if I haven't stripped them) and think about the swap.
smile.png

Oh - and since I wasn't online, I didn't get to tell you that one of my chicken photos was on the Sept. 13th page of the www.workdaychickenpictures.com site! I was really pleased!
big_smile.png
It is still in their September archives.

I think I'm still on East coast time... I'm heading for bed now.
tongue.png

Quote:
Welcome home Cathy! Sorry you came home to a mess but hope the trip was nice?

Love that photo!!!! We are all getting so lucky with our chicken photos...another FB friend had hers chosen too this month
big_smile.png

Tam'ra, they made masks. If you look around you should be able to find photos.

Sorry. I've got several years worth of American Indian Art packed away somewhere, but I know I'll never be able to find them.

edit: Austdone Gallery has a page of photos of very good quality masks

We aren't supposed to put links of Backyard chickens, but I'll see if I can get this through the censors.

http://www.austdonegallery.com/gallery/gallery.php?r=1&c=1

Last edited:
Okay so I've been caught up for the last few months and haven't kept up here. Can somebody tell me the current number of squares I need to make to participate in the chicken quilt?
I'm hoping to tackle that soon and don't want to make too few or too many.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom