Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 27, 2012 in Corvallis!!!

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
Saturday October 27, 2012 Join us for the annual Oregon Fall Poultry Swap!!

Location will be Benton County Fairgrounds, Guerber Hall, in Corvallis, Oregon. Directions and a map can be found on the website - http://www.oregonpoultryswap.com You can also find more information and stay updated via our new group on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/372770739426884/

Camping Information: The fairgrounds has onsite camping. More information will be posted on the website and Facebook group.

Have / want list on page 10

A little more info....and the fine (BOLD) print

As always, this is a FREE event to the public. However, this year we will be charging everyone wishing to sell/swap a $5 fee per 8' area. This fee is to help cover the rental of the building. The 8' areas (tables or cage space) will be reserved on a "first pay" basis. The fee can be paid via paypal ([email protected]), money order, cash or check directly to Zoomummzy (the organizer) - please PM for details. Once your fee is paid, you will be able to choose and reserve your area either inside or outside the building (restrictions apply to outside spaces). Please be advised, space is limited. A diagram will be posted soon with the available areas. Your area will be marked with your name using painters tape on the floor. Please stay within your designated area and be mindful of your neighbor's space.

Anyone wanting to set up a sale area needs to be set up and ready to sell by 10am. The official start time of the swap is 11am, and will go until 4pm. The building will not be open until 8am so please do not plan on arriving there any earlier.

There are electrical outlets in the building but only inside along the walls and they are limited. If you have chicks that need heat, you will want to reserve your spot early to ensure you will have an outlet to use.

There are limited tables available to us (chairs are plentiful), so please do not count on using one of the tables provided with the rental. If you need to use one of the tables provided to us due to space in your car, etc, please contact the organizer early to make arrangements.

There are restrooms (yes, with flush toilets) and a kitchen area available for our use.

Please plan on staying after the swap and cleaning up your area completely! This was an issue last year and we will not allow it to be one again! You must take all your trash with you or put it in the dumpster outside. Leaving a bag of garbage/debris by the trash can is NOT cleaning up. Your cages must be on tarps, bags, etc. not directly on the floor. You must sweep your area completely before leaving and remove any debris your animals/humans leave. If you use one of our tables, please make sure you wipe it off, fold it up and put away in the storage closet before leaving.

On the subject of sick birds / how your birds should be caged, etc...

ALL birds should be kept in cages that are large enough for them to stand up in, turn around in, etc. NO OVERCROWDING. Birds should have access to clean water at all times. IF you have a sick bird, leave it at home, along with all your other birds. We do not want anyone buying a bird, taking it home, and having all their other birds get sick and possibly die because the bird you sold them had been exposed to some sick bird back at your place. Obviously we can't enforce that part, that is to rest with you, but please do what is right. IF we do see signs of illness in any of your birds, or if we see the overcrowding issues listed above, you will be asked to remove all of your birds and sale items from the building immediately and you will not be allowed to participate in our event again. This is not negotiable.

Last edited:
Yay! Fall Swap! I already can't wait! this spring swap was my first and it was amazing! I think everyone was suprised to learn that I am only 15! I am already making plans for the fall swap! PM me if you need chicken diapers, sadles or outfits(Free Shipping) Thanks!

clap.gif
We are so glad you joined us and will be joining us again!!! I saw your table - wonderful stuff!!!

I've had a few PMs already asking so I thought I'd let everyone know, I am accepting the fees for table reservations right now. I already have 2 tables reserved. My husband is working on the diagram of the room/tables but until then, you can just let me know a general location of where you'd like to be and I will hold that spot.

Let's get this started! This list will also be on the FB page and the website.

Zoomummzy

Bringing:
  • Cheesecakes!!!! : ) **$20 each, frozen and wrapped - pre-order/prepay only this time around (possibly a few extras will be brought to the swap for purchase) Sorry for the inconvenience but my husband (yep, gonna blame it on him!) is getting a bit "testy" over the amount of money I spend in September/October for this event. Money must be received 30 days prior to the swap and can be sent via paypal, check, etc. My paypal is [email protected] Please note in the payment it is for cheesecakes.

Cheesecake List:

1. Blue Ribbon (plain or w/a berry swirl)
  2. Chocolate chip
  3. Buckeye
  4. Kahlua (Kahlua)
  5. Bailey’s and Cream (Bailey’s)
  6. Limoncello (limoncello)
  7. Pumpkin Marble
  8. White Chocolate Raspberry
  9. Chocolate Cappuccino
  10. Caramel Macchiato
  11. Apple Butter
  12. Mango
  13. Lemon
  14. Citrus (lemon, lime, orange)
  15. Mint Chocolate
  16. Cranberry Orange
  17. Gluten free (Plain)
  18. Sugar Free Honey
  19. Maple Pecan
  20. Dutch Vanilla (vanilla schnapps)
  21. Milk Chocolate
  22. Eggnog (rum)
  23. Peppermint
  24. Peaches and Cream
  25. Blueberries and Cream
  26. Strawberries and Cream
  27. Triple Berry
  28. Rocky Road
  29. Coconut-Lime
  30. Oreo
  31. Ginger Spice
  32. Guinness and Chocolate (Guinness)
  33. Lemon Blueberry
  34. Sweet Potato
  35. Amaretto (Amaretto)
  36. Lavender Honey
  37. Pistachio
  38. Honey Hazelnut
  39. Green Tea
  40. Rhubarb

• Serama hatching eggs $3 each - smooth, frizzled, silkied and silkied frizzles
  • Seramas of all ages

Kellie Van Dorn Duyck
Bringing:
  • Rumpless Araucana (Various Ages and eggs), Possibly some Seramas/silkies/bantam cochin depending on what hatches between now and then... Also Eggs of these birds as well

Wanting:
  • Cheese cake from Laura J. Castle (working on $ now) and the rest TBD

Last edited:
Can hardly wait. REALLY missed out on the cheescake this spring -- so sorry that you guys couldn't bring them. Does make Oct. seem so far away in 'wanting'!

plan to bring fall chicks --
Delightfully elegant colored Barnevelders in LF and bantam -- stunningly beautiful in simplicity of mahogany and black lace!
Faverolles maybe in LF and Bantam -- charming, entertaining and affectionate -- Okay the word is "CUTE"

want:
Although I stocked up on scrumptious 'jellies' I will be ready for more

CHEESECAKES

does someone do smoked salmon?

k/

I had a good time, and had more time to visit with people and get to know other BYCer's. Thank you Jeanine for organizing it. Thank you in advance Laura for organizing the Fall Swap.

Here is my list for the Fall Swap.

Chicknfishn

Bringing
-Black,blue and splash copper Marans pullets
-Quality Silkie chicks, pullets
-Ameraucana/Easter Egger/Olive Egger Pullets
-Light Sussex/Coronation pullets
-Egg basket
-Cage clipon feeders/waterers
-Clip on Peepers (similar to Perfect Pinless peepers)
-Nest pads
-Pet Carriers
-Cages
-Rabbit J feeders, crocks, water bottles, hay racks, next boxes

Wanting
-Show/Breeder Quality Silkies –Any color but white- Pullets, Hens and Chicks PM me with what you have

-Black Copper Marans started pullets and chicks
- Large Fowl Lavender Ameraucana, pullets, hens

-Numbered Leg bandettes
-Multicolored Spiral leg bands

This spring swap was my first poultry swap and i had the time of my life their, I went with my girlfriend xmissjadie and her best friend johnny. I wish i was able to go to the fall swap but unfortunately i'm leaving for basic on the 9th of October. I will be sending my girlfriend in my place though.

Bringing:
N/A

Wanting:
-White Sultan hen/pullet
-Apenzeller Spitzhauban hen/pullet
-Jersey Giant hen/pullet

I am looking forward to the Fall swap :) So much fun! I will send my table/space reservation payment to you right now!

Here is my tentative list:

Bringing:

Assorted Orpingtons (BBS, Lavender & Lemon Cuckoo)
Assorted Polish (Tolbunt, Crele, mixed)
Hatching Eggs from all of these

Want: TBD

Back
Top Bottom