Oregon Mini Geese...

MNShepherdess

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
The posts I found were dropped quite a while ago, and I was wondering if anyone will have goslings available this spring? I think I would be most interested in the blue splash if anyone will have any available. I hate to ship adult birds all the way from Holderreads to MN, seems such a loooonnnggg way in such a tiny box =/ I've ALWAYS loved mini things... and when I stumbled upon them, I was thinkin' that I need some
smile.png
Thanks!

I am up in Alaska and inquired about shipping goslings instead. The shipping was $150 for two adult birds that cost $100 each. That really jumped the price up quickly. Dave Holderread explained to me why he wouldn't ship Oregon Mini Goslings. They are a smaller gosling and due to some wild genetics need to be moved from the incubator to the brooder rather quickly. They are not like other domestic breeds of geese that hatch out nice and plump and can survive in transit for two days without food and water. Since ordering adults was the only way to get some I bit the bullet and paid the money. I should be getting them this evening!

The posts I found were dropped quite a while ago, and I was wondering if anyone will have goslings available this spring? I think I would be most interested in the blue splash if anyone will have any available. I hate to ship adult birds all the way from Holderreads to MN, seems such a loooonnnggg way in such a tiny box =/ I've ALWAYS loved mini things... and when I stumbled upon them, I was thinkin' that I need some
smile.png
Thanks!

I have had birds shipped from CA to MA several times over the years including chicks, ducklings and adult bantam ducks and they usually arrive on the second day after shipping (eg shipped Monday and received Wednesday very early at my post office around 6:00 am), You'd probably get them the day after they were shipped.

Also, I usually bring a note with my name, address and phone # to my post office several days before I expect them to arrive so they know the animals are coming and that they can call me as soon as they arrive. Fortunately, since I live in such a small town they get just as excited as I do and I usually get the calls between 5:30 am and 7:00 am.

smile.png
Thanks!
You might find it too late to get goslings this spring. Many of the hatcheries have waiting lists that start in the fall for the following spring. I'd suggest you go to the Chicken Breeders and Hatcheries forum and you can further research to see if anyone has any available. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi we were wanting to know if you have or going to have any mini Oregon geese for sale this year or if next year, we had a trio and the neighbors dog jumped the fence and killed them. we did get fence fixed but alas no birds please let me know

smile.png
Thanks!

Hi we were wanting to know if you have or going to have any mini Oregon geese for sale this year or if next year, we had a trio and the neighbors dog jumped the fence and killed them. we did get fence fixed but alas no birds please let me know

hi we also were wanting to know if anyone has a trio or will have babies this year

smile.png
Thanks!
hi we also were wanting some mini oregons if you get any or hear of anyone getting some please let us know thanks

Back
Top Bottom