Oregon Spring Chicken Swap!! SAT, April 24!! Albany OR **UPDATED MAP*

Okay that works for me.. Sorry I didnt' make it... I still have the Wellies and egg samples and the Roos and a couple extra birds you might find interesting. Worst case scenario I will pay you for the cages.
smile.png
DRAT... I am so mad at my car!!! It kept dying... I just got it back home... I will take it into the shop on Monday... Probably drove it too hard last weekend.

Quote:
and thank you too for the raffle and other work you did, it made the day more fun, hope you can make it again. Leslie, and while I'm at it thanks to the person (forgot your name) who, as I was getting ready to go and lamenting that I hadn't found a gold-laced Polish for my friend told me that the local coastal (just a couple blocks from the swap) had their chicks on sale - I got several Polish buy one and get 2 for free - and a few bantys BOGO (all the chicks were at least BOGO and will get cheaper thru Wednesday when they hope to be sold out (they have a LOT of chicks... so thanks, really, I NEEDED another 16 or so chicks to go with the 20 some I got at the swap...no, really....

Ahhh! Finially all settled in, as in done with EVERYTHING for the evening. LOL, seems like no matter how tierd from driving I am, these darn critters will not take the initiative and feed themselves. Kids too... what is up with that?
tongue.png

Was great meeting everyone!!! We are totally thrilled with the chickens we bought and can't wait until fall when we may have something to swap! Who knows, maybe some Australorp chicks. And some mutts.
big_smile.png

Mydaughterloveschickens~ The beautiful hen you sold us has quite the personality. The lid on their box shifted and she decided to pop right on out and proceeded to make the rounds while we were driving down I-5. It was the funniest thing ever to look back and see a hen perched on the seat back between the two girls! LOL, before I could get to a safe place to pull over, she was ballanced on my arm and actually seemed to be enjoying the view out the front window. Yeah, we got some looks on that one! By the way, she is HEAVY! LOL.

Well - missed this one. Would love to attend and be ready for the one in October. Has the date been set?

Thank you for organizing this swap. As a chicken newbie, I learned some new information & thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the chickies.

Quote:
No, but I am willing to look at dates and get it organized again if people want? The opinion was yesterday that is needs to be early October, so I think we are looking at October 2, 9 or 16th - any of which work for me.

I think the earlier the better... maybe even late sept as weather can start getting nasty in Oct.
Would love to find out when the date is set..
thank you!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom