Oregon Spring Chicken Swap!! SAT, April 24!! Albany OR **UPDATED MAP*

I was glad to hear everyone made it home safe and I was sorry to hear some didn't make it
sad.png
Geebs, hope your car is ok. I don't think the person coming from Idaho made it either. To those who had to travel through some not so nice weather to be with us, thank you. Me, I am still trying to recover from the truck full of chickens driven by teenagers (I had 10 of them sleeping over last night!
th.gif
) that hit me, lol. I had so much fun yesterday even though I didn't get rid of a single rooster (my husband didn't say a word, just helped me put them all back in the garage). It's ok, lol I didn't take it personally when people said they would trade with everyone but me
tongue2.gif

It was great to meet everyone and spend time socializing in person. I am very pleased with the turnout from the site and from other sources. I have met a lot of contacts from the Craigslist ad that want to come to all our swaps and a couple that I hope to keep as friends
smile.png
One can never have too many chicken loving friends.

Thank you so much to everyone who came and brought not only chickens, but great food we all got share and thank you Silkiechicken for the great raffle items! I really am looking forward to the next swap in October!

Cloverleaf and Woods_Woman, the little babies are doing great and I am so in love with all of them!
love.gif
I put them all in one large cage and they slept in a big pile last night. The little buff laced polish already has a name - Gwen - short for Guinevere. Will be naming the others today. Thank you again for them...they are wonderful birds.

DSC_0032-2.jpg

Quote:
I will definitely post it! We had the one last fall in the middle of the month and it was just awesome weather wise, but I hear you, you never know! I will start throwing out some dates later this summer and see what people think. Look for a thread here and Len had a great idea to cross post in the Oregon section. I will also post it in the WA and any other state close just in case.

Oh, I took some photos from yesterday. You can find them here on my flickr site (it's a safe site). Feel free to download and steal any of them you'd like. They mostly just general shots of the whole swap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoomommy/sets/72157623928657454/

Nice pics! thank you!

Boy! saw one hutch I would have loved to get!!

... another idea for posting. ... there is a yahoo chat group for portland folk (and others)... PDX.something, something. I would think they would LOVE to know also.

... I am a member and I am sure others around here are members so somebody could post there.

It was a great event, even though I only had time to show up, pick up my 2 new Welsummers from Len and turn around and head home again. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, next time I'll arrange things so I can.

We did hit snow crossing the Cascades at Odell Lake - funny, because it was 65 and clear here yesterday and about the same in Albany, but bad weather in between.

On the way home I also stopped by Eugene Backyard Farmer (in Eugene, obviously) and bought a feeder and waterer for my new chicks and some scratch for my older chicks. Then we stopped at the Eugene farmer's market for some very nice produce, grass-fed steak and lovely blue and green eggs. Also Trader Joe's for some bacon and a few other things. Quite the shopping tripping and worth the 6+ hours round-trip drive!

My suggestion for the next one would be September 25 or October 2. Of course, you could always have it here in Bend, too!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
or in Portland
big_smile.png

I know... lets just have a traveling swap meet! We can all just retire, and travel from city to city meeting crazy chicken folk like ourselves!! LOL

I 2nd the vote for a Sept date.

Last edited:
Ok, I can't remember who I bought my two chickens from, but they are both lovely girls: black & white polish (she wouldn't shut up on the way home!) and a sexlink, along with the honey. The sexlink is a very friendly girl!

My wife wasn't interested in chickens at all when I started, but she enjoyed yesterday and she's the one that picked out the "girls" and we both enjoyed meeting everyone!

Cloverleaf, where were you and what did you have? I think I missed meeting you!

Back
Top Bottom