Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

Do I need to reserve a space, or just get there early? I am bringing 3- 8 foot tables and canopies to put over. Will be ride sharing with another gal who will need a space (preferably next to me) also. Is there room somewhere close to park a 22 ft long trailer?

Yep, just gotta get there early, both for getting a good space, and for having somewhere to park the trailer.

A note to everyone....

This is a public park, and reserving an area is not an option. I am going to be getting there really early (no later than 8:30) to try to flag off an area for us. If you want a space of your choosing, you must get there early. This is literally going to be a first come, first served type of situation. I am going to need A LOT of cooperation from everyone for this to be do-able.

Updated list coming this afternoon, so get your updates in!!!
Bringing- Bringing the following from SQ/BQ stock- Ameraucanas; lavender, blue, black, splash Orpingtons; lavender, possibly buff and blue Jersey Giants; black from BIG SQ parents Delawares; Braden lines & very robust Dark Cornish; true to SOP, personality plus Ages will vary from chicks to 5 months though we won't bring little chicks unless pre-arranged a few days prior to swap. WANT- a few Guinea's. I don't care about color but would prefer mix of males/ females. So excited for swap and Thank You Cloverleaf for setting this up. :D

So excited for swap and Thank You Cloverleaf for setting this up.
big_smile.png

XXX 100
thumbsup.gif
She is AWESOME ! ! ! Almost as much as CR !
tongue2.gif

Have-
Serama Hatching Eggs
Barnyard LF Hatching Eggs
10 Week Old Large Fowl Egg layers - variety
Feed Bags
Cinnamon Sticks

Want-

Ducks
Delaware chicks or pullets
Mottled Java chicks or pullets

Soaps
Handknit washcloths
Incubator

Quote:
How did I miss this post?? I have a 4H kid that wants buffs. We have hatching eggs in the bator right now, but only 2 of the 10 that were shipped developed. The seller is supposed to be reshipping some replacements, but I haven't seen anything...if you get any available, let me know please!!

Cloverleaf Farm
Have -
2 LF salmon Faverolles cockerels. Pet quality.
possibly started birds / chicks / hatching eggs of each of the following...
Salmon / Blue Salmon bantam Faverolles
B/B/S bantam Faverolles
LF Salmon Faverolles
Blue / Black bantam Ameraucanas
Tri-Color Seramas, some frizzled
Project buff bantam Faverolles
MIGHT have some bantam b/b/s Orpingtons from exhibition lines
Want -

ZooMummzy

Bringing-
-Serama hatching eggs $3 each www.castledelightseramas.com
-Seramas - started birds/chicks (possibly). I will update my website as birds become available. Prepayment required for birds to be held until the swap
-mixed bantam hatching eggs (Sizzle, Buff Laced Polish, Mille Fleur d'Uccles hens with a Serama rooster) $1 each
-lots of extra clean egg cartons (1 dz and 18 packs) free
-NOT bringing cheesecakes for the Spring Swap

Wanting
-quality pet carriers small to medium size from ahartacres and/or homegroanacres
-Serama eggs and/or started Seramas from Cloverleaf
-Organic Soy Candles from moodlymoo
-soap from various people
-Seramas/chicks, homemade salt & sugar body scrubs and Gramm's Jam from KLRA
-several broilers from cbreezerentals
-several jars of honey from Zanna

K7 Menagerie
Have -
Cochin eggs/chicks - LF & Bantam

Want -
Lemon blue cochins

moodlymoo
Have -
Organic Soy Candles in various scents and sizes
Possiably Blue Laced Red Wynadotte hatching eggs

Want -
Great Big Jersey Giants
Olive Eggers
Chicken Diapers...I need them badly so if you ship please pm me
Feed bags - any, not just chicken

chicknfishn
Have -
-Chicks-Silkies, Light Sussex/Coronation split, Coronation Sussex, Black, Blue and Splash Copper Marans
-Pullets- Light Sussex, Silkies, Black Copper Marans
-Egg baskets
-Cage clipon feeder/waterers
-Clip on Peepers (similar to Perfect Pinless peepers)
-Jack in the Beanstalk- White Runner bean seeds
-Garden Pot stakes

Want -
-Show/Breeder Quality Silkies - Pullets, Hens and Chicks PM me with what you have
-Black Copper Marans started pullets
-Black Copper Marans chicks
-Lavender Ameraucana chicks, pullets, large fowl
-Numbered Leg bandettes
-Multicolored Spiral leg bands

WallTenters
Have -
Rhonda and I's purebreds:
Dominique Hatching Eggs, Chicks.
Americauna Hatching Eggs, Chicks, SQ lines.
Orpington Hatching Eggs, BBS SQ lines.
Marans Hatching Eggs, Wheaten and Blue Wheaten.

From our youth - Rhonda's son and my neice:
Japanese Hatching Eggs, Chicks. Blues and Blacks.
Bantam Rose Comb Rhode Island Red Hatching Eggs, Chicks, from show lines.
Mixed bantams - RC RIR, Mille Fleur Cochin, Americauna, Japanese in the pen, hatching eggs and maybe chicks.

Specialty Mixed Breeds:
75% Americauna EE Hatching Eggs, Chicks. Sex-Linked!*
75% Marans Hatching Eggs, possibly some Chicks. These have been crossed out for better production, but will still have much darker than average eggs.
2nd Generation "Walrus" Hatching Eggs, Chicks. 75% SQ Orpington. Sex-Linked!*
Black Sex-Link Hatching Eggs, possibly some Chicks.

Spoken For:
Enough chicks for 2-3 pullets, Jersey Giants for moodlymoo

Can do special hatchings of our breeds and many others - have many great connections for SQ/BQ eggs in a variety of breeds. Want just 5 chicks, healthy with no shipping losses? Get in touch with me, email is best.

By Request -
Heritage meat cockerel chicks, if we aren't sold out - $0.75ea, perfect for pastured poultry and backyard programs. The fastest maturing heritage breed, get the tenderness of a young bird with the flavor of a real chicken.

Capons, Dominique, Walrus and Sex-Links (Dominique cross), *possibly* Jersey Giants. Grow meat birds in town! Capons do not crow, can be grown longer and stay tender, make great adoptive mothers for chicks, and can be housed with hens. All these breeds will make excellent capons, with good feed conversion and rate of growth. We need to know at least 3 months in advance if you want these capons! They need time to incubate, hatch, grow to caponizing size (about 8 weeks) and then have some recovery time before the swap.

See post #62 for more information about WallTenter's birds....

Want -
Honey (several jars)
Plant starts, strawberries if they're on, etc.
1-2 bantam pullets. Would not mind Ameracaunas, Welsummers or other colored eggers. Will be flock fillers to keep the little roosters company while the show hens are separated out, so personality and health are more important than breed standard.

*These pens have blue roosters over blue barred hens, if a chick comes out splash it will be harder to see the dot on the head for the sex-linking. About 1/4 of the chicks will be splash.

LilQtBear
Have -
Orpingtons - BBS all ages possibly and possibly hatching eggs
Couchin bantams all ages and possibly hatching eggs
Silkies white - possibly chicks
Easter Eggers - chicks, eggs, and possibly a roo
Cross Bantam roo (will be almost 2)
Giant Barred Cochin Roo ( almost a year and possibly if I still want to rehome him by that time)
Possibly homemade jam

Want -
Maran chicks/pullets ( I really want those dark eggs to add to my laying flock)
Orpingtons- Lav & Lav/split
Orpingtons - blue, black and splash looking for big and fluffy/show/breed quality
Jersey Giant - hens, pullets, chicks
Polish - chicks, hens, pullets ( just want a few to add to the property just think there super fun to look at)
Silkies - show/breeding quality

DancingHen
Have -
Lemon Cuckoo Orpington birds, chicks, hatching eggs
Tolbunt Polish birds, chicks, hatching eggs (hopefully)
Misc. colored polish birds, chicks, hatching eggs
BBS Orpington birds, chicks, hatching eggs
Lavender Orpington birds, chicks, hatching eggs
Buff Laced Polish rooster
Gold Laced Polish rooster
Wheaten Marans rooster
Probably some d'uccles (somehow I keep ending up with more of these )

Want: Muscovy duck hens (chocolate, chocolate pied, lilac pied)

PoemSpinner

Have -
Handknit washcloths by my MIL
Soaps of various scents and types

Want -
Other crafty things? I'm a sucker for earrings especially.

Noncentzter -
Have-
W/BWA hatching eggs
Buckeye hatching eggs
EE hatching eggs

Want-
LF Sal Fav chicks from Jeanine
LF BBS Orp chicks
Honey from Zanna
Cinnamon sticks

Sumatra503 -

Bringing:
Spiral Legbands(Multiple colors and sizes)
Numbered Plastic Bandettes(Multiple Colors and sizes)
Small Animal Transport Boxes(For those impulse chicken buys!)
Pet Chickens(various ages and breeds, but all friendly and cute, mostly Bantams and Crossbreeds)
Cochin/Bantam Brahma Cross Cockerals(5 months old, 2 blue salmons and 2 columbian colored, very sweet)
Hatching Eggs(Coturnix Quail, "Designer" Bantam Eggs)
Grow Your Own Chicken Treats(Loose Leafed Lettuce, Spinach, Turnips, and Collard Greens to grow fro your chickens!)
Various Plant Starts(Some veggies and Flowers depnding on what I plant)
Handmade Chicken Harnesses($15.00 each, available now or at the swap! http://kaseyspoultry.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12939420)

Wanted:
Bummer/Bottle Lambs
Call Ducks
Seramas
Frizzled Cochins

Nick's Pick Farm:
Bringing:
Free Ranged Laying Hens(Mostly Production Reds Born this year and raised naturally on pasture)
Californian and Crossbred Meat Rabbits
Hatching Eggs(Free Ranged Layers, good foragers and self sufficient)

Wanted:
Champagne d'Argent Bucks and Does
Californian Bucks and Does

dtran0268 -
Have-
Pair of 1 year old call duck (black drake, blue hen), this is the pair that I got for my in-law but they changed their mind and got Teal Duck instead
Pair of 1 year old black mottled D'anver, D'anver chicks (rare color not a standard quail color) and lot of mixed bantam chicks (Polish and Ameraucana bantam mixed with D'anver)
Pair of Lavender Ameraucana Bantam. I got these chicks for free from a very nice breeder in Vancouver, WA back in Sept

Want:
D'anver chicks or pullet any color

Will only bring what I have to the swap if someone want them.

RiddleMe -
Have-
TBD, might bring some 1 yo (at time of swap) hatchery brown egg layers, various breeds, to make room for the colored layers listed below.

Want-
Chicks/started pullets - Marans, Welsummer, Barnevelder, blue/splash Ameraucana, olive-eggers (would love a couple of each to add variety to the egg basket).

feathers4fun -

Bringing-
Bringing the following from SQ/BQ stock-
Ameraucanas; lavender, blue, black, splash
Orpingtons; lavender, possibly buff and blue
Jersey Giants; black from BIG SQ parents
Delawares; Braden lines & very robust
Dark Cornish; true to SOP, personality plus
Ages will vary from chicks to 5 months though we won't bring little chicks unless pre-arranged a few days prior to swap.

WANT- a few Guinea's.
I don't care about color but would prefer mix of males/ females.

2hot2chicken -

---Have---
BQ/SQ eggs and/or chicks from combo of the following, 1 Blue hen, 2 white hens, 1 splash pullet, with 1 splash roo and 1 white roo.

---Wants---
Myself
Araucana LF(prefered) or BF, eggs, chicks, pullets or hens ( lots of color please! no more black or white hens,
don't care if they are tufted or smooth (prefer smooth) but must be rumpless and pet quality is fine!)

Wheaten/blue wheaten LF Ameraucana eggs, chicks, pullets/hens (want nice quality but don't have to be SQ)

Daughter
1-2 nice SQ silkie pullets/hens either Buff or Partridge or Blue partridge.
Also fun colored project silkie eggs, chicks, pullet/hen like calico, porcelain, salmon or.....almost any really.

Would be willing to drive a pretty good distance if you have something worth it before the swap for sale so just send me a PM and we can work it out

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex -
Planning to bring:
Chicken salad bars (chicken-proof planters)
Herb/veggie starts for chickens and humans
Possibly some Aloha project chicks and/or hatching eggs (see link for pics and detailshttps://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=600281)
Feather
crafts (masks, hair and hat adornments)

Wanting:
Feathers (especially pheasant)
frozen (or fresh) pelts and feet to use for crafts (any animal, I am not picky!)
raw wool (I just started working with and sharing my wool from the fall swap and I doubt it will last till spring!)
Turkeys? (nothing white, but I am open to other colors)
Possibly buff rock hens/pullets
Possibly spotted LF chickens to add to my Alohas

Peeka52 -

Bringing-
Depending on what I'm able to hatch this spring:
-Blue and Black Bantam Plymouth Rock hatching eggs/chicks/started birds

Possibly Bringing-
It depends if I still have them and if anyone is interested
-A breeding pair of 7 month old Blue and Splash Orpingtons
-A 7 month old Millie Fleur d'Uccle pullet
-A year old Partridge Chantecler hen

Wanting-
-BBS Bantam Plymouth Rock hatching eggs/chicks/started birds
-Bantam Dun Laced Wyandotte hatching eggs/chicks/started birds
-Barnevelder hatching eggs/chicks/started birds, would prefer Bantam but would take LF
-Silkie Pullet/hen, color and quality don't matter, I just want a broody lady
-Medium Pet carriers
-Clip on feeders and waterers

newtochicks33 -

"want" list:
-Delaware chicks
-Red Wyandotte chicks
-Blue Wyandotte chicks
-Buff Laced Wyandotte chicks
-Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks
-Light Brahma chicks

My Little Sister's Farm -
At this time I know I will be bringing 1-3 10 hole metal nestboxes. 2 have the plastic bottoms and one of them is older and the wooden bottoms are long gone. Hopefully I will be bringing a small egg turner for a gqf styro incumbator with the turkey/goose inserts. Will also have a smattering of new egg cartons depending on what we decide to use for market this year.

Wanted: tbd

xmissjadie -
Bringing:
-Silkies
-Started pullets/cockerels (various breeds, will update exactly what breeds when I decide what breeds I want to get )

Wanting:
-Ameraucana pullet/hen
-Feeders/waterers to go in cages
More TBA

KLRA -

Have:
-Serama pullets, cockerels, and chicks
-Homemade salt & sugar body scrubs
-Jewelry (made by my mom)
-Gram's Jams*

So, I have an update. I have some bantam cochin eggs coming to me tomorrow in a variety of colors from really nice birds (mottled, blue mottled, splash, blue, lemon blue, silver laced, calico/mille, lavender-black split). Don't know what will hatch, but I will most likely not be able to keep them all. They'll be about 2 months old come time for the swap so if anyone is interested I can keep you updated on which colors/sexes hatch.

Also, if anyone is interested I have a pair of 8-week-old seramas that I'm trying to give away. The cockerel is the dominant one in the bunch and he's sweet enough when you have him alone (he still likes to fall asleep in my hand) but he just picks on the others when they're together. The pullet he's bonded to is the only one who dishes it back out to him... it's actually pretty funny. He just kind of melts in front of her. I just don't have the room to keep them in a separate cage. All my other babies seem to get along just fine (even with the younger ones). If you have questions or want to see pics, just pm me!

Want:
-feeders & waters
-honey
-MAYBE some cochins... I really want some but am not sure if I will have space.

P.S. Tam'ra I would be interested in going south for a swap!

*This is my grandma's self-run business she started 4 years ago at age 81--she's licensed and legit! Her jams (freezer-style) sell at Market of Choice stores in our area and are used at Dickie Jo's on their pb&j sandwiches. I'll for sure bring strawberry because it's everyone's favorite, but she also makes grape, peach, and apple butter. Yes, we will be sampling it

cbreezerentals -
I have 2 light Sussex Roosters for sale at this time.. bought a flock of hens-- not knowing roos were part of it. I asking 25.00 each.

Will get a list posted soon for the spring swap... includes and by request, Bourbon Red poults, Toulouse/Sebastopol goslings, Muscovy ducklings and of course by preorder, processed broilers

Zanna -

Have-

Fresh, Willamette Valley Honey, your containers or mine. The honey is unfilitered and unpasteurized.

Upon request: -White Leghorn Chicks or Hatching eggs
- Delaware Chicks or Hatching eggs
- Welsummer Chicks or Hatching eggs
-Olive Egger Chicks or Hatching eggs (1st generation, Project Lav. Ameraucana roo x Welsummer hens). Will bring only the peacombed chicks from the cross.
-Possibly some BCM Chicks or Hatching eggs
-7 month old Delaware layers, culls from my breeding program (if not sold before the swap)

The chicks will be sold straight run, $3.00 each, hens and hatches willing :)

I am working towards the SOP with all of my breedings but at this point I am only selling layer/pet quality chicks.

If anyone would like a nice 6 month old Welsummer Rooster now, I have one for sale for $10.00.

Want -

cowchick11 -

Have: nothing to bring but a smile
lol.png

Want (but may not need): BB and maybe S -LF SQ Orpingtons-hatching eggs or chicks, LF SQ/breeder Speckled Sussex- started chicks, 2 or more pullets and one or 2 cockrels, or ?, a few Marans for my mom's laying flock-hatching eggs (1- doz.) or chicks 4-6, and after reading all the posts maybe some honey too!
clap.gif

ahartacres -

Bringing
Muscovy ducks
Olive egger chicks (if any left)
Chicken feeders and waterers
Sm to Med. pet carriers/crates

Wanting
Chocolate Muscovy Drake

homegroanacres -
Here are some feed sacks that I have.....Plus I have my share of Chicken Feed sacks one of which is pink, several Goat Feed sacks .

I also have several small, medium and large pet carriers
two small (I think) sized igloo huts (maybe a extra large one).
Please understand that these are all used..some or all of the carriers will have zip ties in place the the hardware
due to rust..some of the doors have rust on them. All will be cleaned with a pressure washer. (not sure who the
fool is that will hold them so the don't bounce away while cleaning)
lau.gif

Pictures can be gotten for items not shown...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/588778/oregon-spring-poultry-swap-may-5-2012-in-canby/370

Sakchickens -

Have: A few juvenile SQ Silkies, egg candlers, used hanging waterers

Want: Indian Runner Hatching Eggs
SQ Showgirls or eggs
Olive Egger Pullets - young as possible or eggs if I have to

ladyfaeden -
Have -

Heritage Rhode Island Red-mainly roo's, possibly some hens
Swedish Flower hen-Roo's and possibly hens
Silkie chicks-out of nice but not show quality fluffy parents who are interesting colors including porcelain, silver partridge, and calico
BBS Ameracauna-Hens and Roos
Wheaton/Blue Wheaton Ameracauna-Hens and Roos

All of the above will be juveniles except for the silkie chicks.

Oh, I may also have hatching eggs available from my Swedish and Cream Legbars if they are laying by then.

Chicken Rustler -

Have -
Metal work, can be viewed at www.ironimagery.webs.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iron-Imagery/198600580233227

Pele -

Bringing:
2 Salmon Faverolles Cockerels (under a year), from NoneSuch Farms show stock
If there is any interest, I can bring my craft specialty: Egg christmas ornaments. I can probably get about 30 done by the time of the swap.
And may possibly bring 1 Salmon Blue Faverolle cockerel (under a year) from NoneSuch Farms stock. But only iff he turns male on me. If it's a girl, she's all mine! :p

Want:
Non-salmon standard Faverolles hens
Anything not nailed down.

crittersnpets -

Bringing:
Maybe blue copper/blue splash marans chicks or eggs (if they lay in time)
Maybe duck eggs or ducks (Call, possibly saxony) depending on laying/hatching results

Wanting:
Colored leg bands (yeah
clap.gif
they are on a bring list)
Fun hatching eggs (BLRW or colored eggs?)
other yummy and fun things I'm sure I'll find or need

CathyM -

Bringing
homemade jams (4oz, 1/2 pint, pint sizes)
fabric chicken kitchen stuff
chicken jewelry

Wanting
haven't got that far...

peacedove -

I have two Cockatiels that I would like to re-home before the swap, if possible.

Male Gray Cockatiel about 3 yo?, I adopted him about a year and a half ago ~ Cuckoo is a Pretty Bird ~ whistles, talks, loves attention (talking to, not handling) and live jam sessions (he will make lots of happy sounds, which isn't always appreciated by all, but he has a lot of fun!). He prefers not to share really close quarters with other birds. He likes to have his space, and when he has that he seems to get along just fine with others. He has been housed with another cockatiel, and a pair of budgies and white doves. Cuckoo is a hand fed bird that has not been handled in awhile, but where he used to live he had free flight times and he always came back to his cage. He is very personable, and looking for a good home to take him in.

Male Lutino/White Cockatiel ~ Lilu ~ hatched spring 2011, not hand fed, and handled very little, bought as a companion for Cuckoo. Very pretty bird, hoped it was a she, but is now displaying his masculine voice and moves,, which would explain why Cuckoo hasn't bonded with him. Lilu likes to be talked to and comes up to the cage front to listen. He does not like to be handled, and we don't push him. Paid $65 for him, and if I could re-home him for $25 that would be awesome.

There is a Triple Roof Parakeet Cage by Prevue, Dimensions: 26" L x 14" D x 22 ½" wire spacing. Used gently approx. Best Offer ONLY AFTER Birds have been re-homed. I will use this cage to bring them to the swap if I still have them.

LeasureChix -
For sure I'll have silkie chicks. I have some CJ exotic chicks due to hatch in a couple of days, in addition to some from other breeders that I've already hatched. I will likely have some dark brahma chicks. They were hatched in December/January. I am looking for Salmon Favorelle eggs or started birds, LF. Also looking for Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Lavender Ameraucanas, from eggs to adults. I can bring some black australorp and buff orpington hens. They will be just barely 2 years old and are laying great. They are hatchery stock, excellent layers that have been allowed to rest over winter. They have picked up laying again and I'm getting nearly an egg a day per bird.

Nearly forgot, I will likely have some brown chinese goslings. They would be about 7 weeks old at the time of the swap.

birdnbeast -
Small carriers for shows, etc.,

Tons of small aquariums,stands and supplies
Parrot toys and supplies and maybe the two pairs of amazons and two Jardine's
A couple of POL barnevelder (LF)sets, bantam brahma layer/breeder groups, Ameraucana, Jersey Giant, and, of course, a few darling well-bred silkies.

I want: jams, jellies, cheescake, honey (esp blueberry)

looking for exhibition-bred Buff orpingtons

Carol Hansen (Chicks in Roseburg)
Want: pure breed Nankin Bantam chicks or fertile eggs, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Bantam Rooster, or fertile eggs

Have: Bantam Diapers, Lime green print with bug pattern. Sized to fit standard Bantams, not small Nankin Bantams.

Alexis -

Have-
Serama Hatching Eggs
Barnyard LF Hatching Eggs

10 Week Old Large Fowl Egg layers - variety
Feed Bags
Cinnamon Sticks

Want-

Ducks

Delaware chicks or pullets
Mottled Java chicks or pullets
Soaps