Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

What part of SWW are ya in? I may have a plan.

CR, I too have a plan. I will be at the Monroe show and at Stevenson
fl.gif
as well and hope to get hatching eggs or chicks there. I'm the one that dropped off the recycled feedbag bags at your house about a month or so ago (how does your DW like the pink bag?)!
cool.png

Also, if you have any orders that need to travel to eastern WA I am traveling that way in about two weeks (March 6-11), will have room in my car on my way over.
thumbsup.gif
First Ellensburg, then Moses Lake, then Pullman, then Spokane and then Sunnyside, yah don't ask, it is a long story and I'm mostly going for work with two days of my own time thrown in!

So, here is my new deluxe coop my DH and friends worked on for me. So far roof is up but needs door, chicken doors, etc and then I can put the runs on. I have a question - are there better places that habitat for humanity for cheap vinyl flooring to put in it and also some cheap windows? Any ideas (hopefully near Salem/Corvallis) appreciated

Just found out that our Spring Youth Fair is the same weekend, thought it was going to be the following weekend so made plans to attend the swap.
th.gif
I have to be at the Youth Fair for my Jr. Shorthorn kids!
yippiechickie.gif
Can I PM people to see about getting hatching eggs through the mail or meeting up? I was not bringing anything but a smile
big_smile.png
and maybe a friend to shop with me, she has to attend the spring show with her kids. Hope I can come next year!

If you close to Vancouver, WA. I can pick up eggs and chicks for you.

Quote: First let me warn ya. Be careful admittin ya know me. See I kinda have a reputation here . If ya don't bleev it just ask like Cloverleaf or Zoomumzy they will warn ya.
I don't think we will be able to go to Monroe and if so I won't be vending. BUT we WILL be at STEVENSON! I have SO much fun there and I am gonna ROCK THIS SWAP at Canby!
Have ya looked at the WA thread? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/461/washingtonians/65980
Be careful or you may get put in motion as a relay.
Yes DW REALLY likes all of the bags Especially the PINK one. Thank you so much. Also I would be willing to take a few with us on the road to sell for yer mom.

This is a really stupid question, but do the two in the front (hen and roo) look like Nankin Bantams? I got "mixed" bantams from the Grange several years ago and was never able to figure out what these were. They (hens in particular) are quite small. Thanks for any help you can give me.

From the website (and already added to that list):

Carol Hansen (Chicks in Roseburg)

Want: pure breed Nankin Bantam chicks or fertile eggs, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Bantam Rooster, or fertile eggs

Have: Bantam Diapers, Lime green print with bug pattern. Sized to fit standard Bantams, not small Nankin Bantams.

First let me warn ya. Be careful admittin ya know me. See I kinda have a reputation here . If ya don't bleev it just ask like Cloverleaf or Zoomumzy they will warn ya.
I don't think we will be able to go to Monroe and if so I won't be vending. BUT we WILL be at STEVENSON! I have SO much fun there and I am gonna ROCK THIS SWAP at Canby!
Have ya looked at the WA thread? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/461/washingtonians/65980
Be careful or you may get put in motion as a relay.
Yes DW REALLY likes all of the bags Especially the PINK one. Thank you so much. Also I would be willing to take a few with us on the road to sell for yer mom.

Yes, I tried to keep up with the WA thread, even posted a few time. I can't keep up and that gets frustrating.
he.gif
I do still check it once in a while. I associate with those of my choosing and others can keep their opinion!
duc.gif

If one of your deliveries is on my way I don't have a problem playing mule! Glad your DW likes the bags.
thumbsup.gif
I will ask my mom if she would like to market more bags, thanks.
frow.gif

This is a really stupid question, but do the two in the front (hen and roo) look like Nankin Bantams? I got "mixed" bantams from the Grange several years ago and was never able to figure out what these were. They (hens in particular) are quite small. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Quote:

Sorry, I really don't know. I've never seen Nankins in person that I am aware of. :/

So, here is my new deluxe coop my DH and friends worked on for me. So far roof is up but needs door, chicken doors, etc and then I can put the runs on. I have a question - are there better places that habitat for humanity for cheap vinyl flooring to put in it and also some cheap windows? Any ideas (hopefully near Salem/Corvallis) appreciated

Only thing I can think of is Craigslist, I see windows on there all the time...

Just found out that our Spring Youth Fair is the same weekend, thought it was going to be the following weekend so made plans to attend the swap.
th.gif
I have to be at the Youth Fair for my Jr. Shorthorn kids!
yippiechickie.gif
Can I PM people to see about getting hatching eggs through the mail or meeting up? I was not bringing anything but a smile
big_smile.png
and maybe a friend to shop with me, she has to attend the spring show with her kids. Hope I can come next year!

We do a fall swap in Corvallis too... ;)

They do look like Nankins to me. Either that or Nankin crosses. I will add, though that Nankins have red ear lobes, so if they have any other color, they are mixes.

Back
Top Bottom