Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

I have lemon cuckoo orpington eggs (small batches) and young birds in the 6 to 9 week age range. Mostly boys....but might be willing to do a pair.

I hatched out some Eggs that were shipped from RedRoosterFarm of her Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Orpington's and of the 6 that hatched 5 made it, they will be 3 months by swap and all looking like girls. They were hatched out at the same time as the Barred/EE's I didn't get one cockerel in that hatch. If your willing to do it I will take little cockerel and a small batch of eggs at swap if possible, what would you like for them? So I am prepared!

I want to start a new flock of show birds since I'm moving(just for the summer for now, but maybe longer) to the Sweethome/Brownsville area. Literally right in the middle of these two towns.

The person I'm staying with is giving me use of a 10'x10' section of her barn to use as a coup and told me I could extend my run as far as I wanted in the space near the coup, which is a 50'x50' space, give or take. I literally have room for 50-70 chickens to live comfortably in my new coup and run!!!
I can't decide on a breed!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
hu.gif

So I will be browsing the entire Swap in search of the very best birds at the swap(or at least the ones I like the most
wink.png
) that are in my price range.

I think this will prove to be quite challenging, but I'm up to the grueling task.

I imagine my free time at the swap will look something like this.

droolin.gif
And then Finally
celebrate.gif

I want to start a new flock of show birds since I'm moving(just for the summer for now, but maybe longer) to the Sweethome/Brownsville area. Literally right in the middle of these two towns.

The person I'm staying with is giving me use of a 10'x10' section of her barn to use as a coup and told me I could extend my run as far as I wanted in the space near the coup, which is a 50'x50' space, give or take. I literally have room for 50-70 chickens to live comfortably in my new coup and run!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
hu.gif

So I will be browsing the entire Swap in search of the very best birds at the swap(or at least the ones I like the most
wink.png

I think this will prove to be quite challenging, but I'm up to the grueling task.

droolin.gif
And then Finally
celebrate.gif

That's great, but I think it's cute how you think you'll have free time at the swap!!
lau.gif

he.gif
barnie.gif
hu.gif

wink.png

droolin.gif
And then Finally
celebrate.gif

You should try and make it to the Stevenson show this weekend, there are lots of vendors selling pairs and trios of good quality birds. I got my 1st show birds there and I love them! There are so many great breeders there = lots of amazing birds
droolin.gif

UPDATE:

xmissjadie

bringing:
- black silkie cockerel PQ
- partridge silkie cockerel SQ

wanting:
- jersey giant hen/pullet
- polish hen/pullet
- orpington hen/pullet

PM me if you have jersey giants, orpingtons, and/or polish hens/pullets for sale!

Last edited:
Ok, I think this is a baaaad sign, dreamt last night I was at the swap (WHAT
ep.gif
) Then after I'd walked around a large chick ran up and pecked my pant leg. I was pretty sure it was a peacock (NOT an addition I need) so OF COURSE picked it up to "save" it and just as I found out who it came from, everyone started packing up and driving away. THere I stood with a rather large peacock chick thinking, uh oh, as everone LEFT.
barnie.gif
Hmmmm, wonder what that all means, lol.
lau.gif

Ok, I think this is a baaaad sign, dreamt last night I was at the swap (WHAT
ep.gif
) Then after I'd walked around a large chick ran up and pecked my pant leg. I was pretty sure it was a peacock (NOT an addition I need) so OF COURSE picked it up to "save" it and just as I found out who it came from, everyone started packing up and driving away. THere I stood with a rather large peacock chick thinking, uh oh, as everone LEFT.
barnie.gif
Hmmmm, wonder what that all means, lol.
lau.gif

Means you are getting a peacock LOL

Heading out on vacation this weekend and will not be checking in till the swap, so I thought I'd better update my list one last time! Can't wait to see everyone!

ZooMummzy

Bringing-
-NOT bringing cheesecakes for the Spring Swap
-Serama hatching eggs $3 each and Seramas (pairs and lone cockerels - mostly teen birds 4 weeks and older). I will update my website as birds become available. Prepayment required for birds to be held until the swap via paypal - contact me for details. Also please email me or text me from the contact information on my website as I do not check BYC PMs anymore. At the swap, all of my Seramas will be kept in my car due to biosecurity concerns. I will only show them to interested and potential buyers. I will have photos of them at my table along with more information. www.castledelightseramas.com
-2 mixed breed bantams (Serama/D'Uccle - bearded and booted) and possibly a self blue Dutch bantam pullet

Wanting
-soap from various people
-several broilers from cbreezerentals
-several jars of honey from Zanna
-whatever else I find!

he.gif
barnie.gif
hu.gif

wink.png

droolin.gif
And then Finally
celebrate.gif

You should try and make it to the Stevenson show this weekend, there are lots of vendors selling pairs and trios of good quality birds. I got my 1st show birds there and I love them! There are so many great breeders there = lots of amazing birds
droolin.gif

Would if I could! I love it at Stevenson, but I'm not sure about that with the move and everything, though it is only a 2 hour drive from Sweethome.

Back
Top Bottom