Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

I'm taking a couple birds for conformation and I'll also be doing showmanship. This is only my second show so I'm very excited and very nervous! I can't wait!!!
ya.gif

Wish I'd looked into it earlier--I've got too much going on right now to make it but if I'd known a few months ago I definitely would be going. Next year I'll be there :)

As an update to my list, I may not be bringing the silver laced bantam cochins now because either my eyes are starting to play tricks on me or one of them is a cockerel, so they're going to stay with me til I know for sure. Hopefully by the fall swap I'll know what I'm doing with them.

Have:
-Gram's Jam in strawberry & apple butter
-Serama chicks/started birds (one silkied, the rest smooth)
-Calico bantam cochin chicks (possibly)
-Handmade jewelry

Want:
-Bantam cochin hatching eggs from BQ/SQ pens
-Waterers

We were gona go but I had some stuff come up..... My mom passed away 10 years ago and I have a brother who is way younger than me. He is 16 and has been living with my grandparents since our mom died. Well he has been having "issues", hes being a real trouble maker. Lying, stealing, taking off, smoking and drinking...... My grandparents got him into a boot camp as a last chance but he decided with a bunch of boys to run away last night! So now I am going tomorrow to go get him because if my grandparents do it I think my grandpa may kill him! He got kicked out of the boot camp however that is possible only he could have done that! Anyway can't wait to hear about stevenson!

Can anyone on here give me some info on 4H with chickens? My older two kids have been expressing some serious intrest in wanting to get involved with something like this, but I am completly clueless as to where I need to get them started. Any one on here a parent to 4H kids in the Clackamas Co area?

What colors do you have? The little guy I lost was porcelain.

Right now I have a few Mille Fleur, 2 Golden Neck, and a White D'Uccle Cockerel. I thought I had some buff columbian but they are all getting Mille Spots :). one of the Mille Fluer boys is on hold for another member and i will be bringing him to swap, if you are interested in any pm me and we can talk more. I also have some younger self Blue D'Uccle cockerels.

Came back from the Stevenson show about 2 hours ago and was very disappointed in the sale birds. Definitely more silkies and bantams for sale, but not so many large sized birds. Also, not many birds period. Got there early (9:30am) like Cloverleaf said to do. Also, only one pair of ducks available. Didn't recognize the breed. Poo! Wasted trip, but it was a beautiful day for a drive.

If anyone is looking for Muscovy ducks, there's a lady in Stevenson with a Craigslist ad for them today. I called her while I was there, but she didn't return my call until I was already back in Troutdale.

Back
Top Bottom