Oregon to Texas. Advice on anything appreciated.

So after getting COVID in Texas and getting harassed by the police resulting in them busting a hole in my gas tank and them letting me off with a warning and not mentioning the damage to my car after they got done tearing it apart for no reason without consent ( I was literally going to the nearest bank which was an hour away from where I got stuck while my husband fought for his life in icu) I’m going home to Oregon Monday.
I grew up here my whole life. I’m lucky to be able to leave. I’m not going to subject my babies to this place when they live in paradise in comparison. I appreciate all the help from everyone. I was being delusional for a minute. I’ll post a video of mine and Grady’s reunion. I miss my baby so much!

So after getting COVID in Texas and getting harassed by the police resulting in them busting a hole in my gas tank and them letting me off with a warning and not mentioning the damage to my car after they got done tearing it apart for no reason without consent ( I was literally going to the nearest bank which was an hour away from where I got stuck while my husband fought for his life in icu) I’m going home to Oregon Monday.
I grew up here my whole life. I’m lucky to be able to leave. I’m not going to subject my babies to this place when they live in paradise in comparison. I appreciate all the help from everyone. I was being delusional for a minute. I’ll post a video of mine and Grady’s reunion. I miss my baby so much!
Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Weather and 4 legged critters already been covered. Hopin I don't sound racist or anything but gotta consider the 2 legged critters too. And yes, I'm talking about the illegals, and their coyotes. I Know quite a few people who have hunting leases in the area that extends 250 or so miles inland from the border. They ALL have horror stories about illegals passing through their lands, tearing down fences, breaking into homes and, especially camp houses. Doing everything from emptying the food closets and leaving a mess To malicious mischief, tearing stuff up seemingly just for the heck of it. They leave trash all over the place (don't want to carry their empties with 'em). More and more are reports of many of them being armed, as in firearms, and most will not hesitate to use them. Auto thefts are @ an all time high in that area and they WILL run from the Law in an attempt not to get caught.
Now it's not like this all over, They tend to avoid populated areas but with over a million entering Texas in the past year it's hard to overlook. and it doesn't look as if the situation will get any better anytime soon!

Hello!
A few of you might know me and Grady who live in Oregon on the coast. Well, we might be taking the journey back to Texas where I'm from but I'll be moving down by the border. I grew up in Dallas so it's a different world. I have no clue on predators or specific things I need to do to make sure he's safe and healthy.
Right now he free ranges all day and has access to all the grazing his little heart desires. All I have to do is put him up at night and let him out in the morning and keep his waterers and pool fresh.
I want to start getting everything ready for him before I bring him down. Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Lived all over Texas my entire life. You will find all kinds of predators all over. Coyotes are so numerous here they occupy even big cities. Here where I live we even come across big cats.

I'm sorry Texas treated you poorly. My daughter and son-in-law had a similar, but not as severe run-in with small town, rural, law enforcement in north Texas, west of Fort Worth. They were driving in from Colorado to stay with us and help care for their niece/our grandbaby during the worst of Covid-19. The officer said they were speeding, but just used that as an excuse for since they had Colorado plates. He had a canine, which didn't alert until the THIRD time searching the exterior of the car. (we know dogs want to please their master) Of course, he then tore everything apart but found nothing. Didn't give them a ticket and was going to leave everything unloaded on the side of the road until the game warden (who was the second law enforcement officer, backup) told him he'd better help put things back. It was really upsetting to my son-in-law and daughter, who are both Assembly of God ministers...

Again, sorry. Not everyone in Texas is like that, but enough are that it is definitely a problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom