Oregon

I've just created a new Pokémon Go Discord server for the Klamath Falls area, and was wondering if there are any players on here who would like to take it for a test drive.

There are a lot of cool tools in there to automate raid coordination and sharing information on tasks and pokémon spawns.

I know this is a weird place to post this, but I know there are some PoGo players on this forum.

https://discord.gg/cSn3q2By

I'm in Oregon, in Salem. I grew up in Dallas Oregon. My dream is to have a small scale hatchery, but currently feeling a bit discouraged by the huge rise in prices for property. I may be moving to another state in order to pursue this dream but in the meantime I still want to connect with others who are fairly local 👍

Here's my current batch of chicklets, these were hatched for my sister who runs a little egg selling business and wants some started hens for next spring. The eggs came from my sister's flock of mosaics, White Faced Black Spanish, Easter Egger, Australorp, Cochin, Ayam Cemani and BLR wyandottes. Most are either mystery plus Spanish or mosaic x Spanish, with the blackish purple skin from the mosaics and the bigger combs, black feathers and tall posture of the Spanish. the striped ones are EE x Mosaic. Two of the black chicks are definitely cochin mixes with fat and short bodies and long Spanish legs, they are funny looking.

I'm in Oregon, in Salem. I grew up in Dallas Oregon. My dream is to have a small scale hatchery, but currently feeling a bit discouraged by the huge rise in prices for property. I may be moving to another state in order to pursue this dream but in the meantime I still want to connect with others who are fairly local 👍

Here's my current batch of chicklets, these were hatched for my sister who runs a little egg selling business and wants some started hens for next spring. The eggs came from my sister's flock of mosaics, White Faced Black Spanish, Easter Egger, Australorp, Cochin, Ayam Cemani and BLR wyandottes. Most are either mystery plus Spanish or mosaic x Spanish, with the blackish purple skin from the mosaics and the bigger combs, black feathers and tall posture of the Spanish. the striped ones are EE x Mosaic. Two of the black chicks are definitely cochin mixes with fat and short bodies and long Spanish legs, they are funny looking.

You can always start small, focus on just a handful of breeds, and sell online! I would say to make sure you have a solid and successful business plan before buying a larger piece of land.

Awh! So adorable! I would definitely consider buying some chicks from you! 😉☺️

Hi all! I posted this in my intro and the good folks of BYC sent me this direction.

Frank from Portland Oregon here. I have raised chickens in the city for about 20 years and I joined this site (again - I am sure I was a past member with a different account some years ago) because I am having some issues with the gals in my new neighborhood. To cut to the chase, rats...

I have had birds at three different properties in Portland and never have I had a rat problem. However, this past summer, the rates showed up in FORCE. I had a wonderful garden full of food and seeds and probably wasn't careful enough with the feed. And because my new (old) house is a fixer with plenty of porous exterior, I was in a real battle in the yard and occasionally in the house! At this point, I have the rat issue under control and I haven't seen one in more than a month. But having the chickens around is probably not something I can afford any more. Something about this new neighborhood just doesn't seem conducive to keeping them, and my next door neighbor hasn't been too happy about it either...

I have 4 birds just under 2 years old. And 1 rescue. Not sure how old she is but she lays well and is very people focused. Perhaps I'll post some pics when the sun is up.

I am looking to rehome these gals. If you are interested, please let me know.

Frank

Due to some upcoming extended travel, and later a cross country move, I need to find a wonderful new home for Ruby (Black Australorp) and Bella (Golden Laced Wyandotte), both 5-years-old, near the Portland, OR and SW Washington area. They have a great life now, with a large enclosed outdoor run and the option to free-range on 5 acres. I want to find them a forever home where they will be loved and treated really well for the remainder of their natural lives.

Attachments

• Ruby_Bella_2.jpg
    Ruby_Bella_2.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 2
Due to some upcoming extended travel, and later a cross country move, I need to find a wonderful new home for Ruby (Black Australorp) and Bella (Golden Laced Wyandotte), both 5-years-old, near the Portland, OR and SW Washington area. They have a great life now, with a large enclosed outdoor run and the option to free-range on 5 acres. I want to find them a forever home where they will be loved and treated really well for the remainder of their natural lives.
I posted on craigslist this month in the pdx area and found a handful of people willing to give a new home to my birds. Give it a shot and good luck.

Hi Oregon Chicken Family!!! We've currently have one year old Black Australorp rooster that will be re-homed. Australorps are great, but this is the first time I've issues with aggretion. I've got young kids and I'm not going to tolerate having to watch their back in the yard.

As we look rehome him, I am also looking for a Orphington Rooster to take his place. I like having a rooster to watch over the ladies, and feel they help keep the peace between them. Orphingtons are in my top three of all time favorites (such darn nice birds) and I'm hoping as we'll have better luck finding a sweet heart of a boy.

As people in the area start thinking about chicks for the spring, if you find yourself with a Orphington Rooster you can't keep, hit me up. I'm in Washington county, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom