Oregon

Cloverleaf (or anyone else who knows), at the Stevenson show, are there many pet quality chickens and ducks for sale? I notice they have an entire barn dedicated to sale birds. I'm thinking of going on Saturday morning. Would that be a good time to see a good selection of birds in your opinion?

The earlier you can get there, the better the selection will be. The sale area is always full, and ya never know what you might find! :)

It is at 206 SW Morrison in Portland, it is in between 2nd and 3rd, so pretty close to the river. Thank-you for asking!

Did anyone mention that the rock bottom has some seriously yummy food... it's also a great business to support because they provide HEALTH INSURANCE for their wait staff.

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

It's official, one of our RIR is a rooster....He's very sweet and not at all peckish or aggressive but we can only have hens in Salem...Does anyone want a rooster?

Last edited:
RIR and we have kicked her outside all night we have taken all the shaving off the floor no light or heat , taken all the hay out.. she gets out in the yard and broods on wet grass... I may try the cage thing..if I can find one.. I will never own a RIR again..tooo much. tried to take a chunk of my finger off the other day and she is not eating all that much she looks awful.. we will see maybe like my aunty used to say she needs chicks and nothin else will cure em...

RIR and we have kicked her outside all night we have taken all the shaving off the floor no light or heat , taken all the hay out.. she gets out in the yard and broods on wet grass... I may try the cage thing..if I can find one.. I will never own a RIR again..tooo much. tried to take a chunk of my finger off the other day and she is not eating all that much she looks awful.. we will see maybe like my aunty used to say she needs chicks and nothin else will cure em...

I think "Lady of McCamley" on the Oregon Poultry Swap thread really wants a broody hen, maybe you can find her a home with them?

Last edited:
You can make a great "brood no more" cage out of those wire cubes made to satck in closets, you need six of them for a small medium chicken. ... I am using them as the (warm weather) coop floor under my roosts. They are sturdy easy to work with and cost nothing or next to nothing.

With some 1X2's or 1x1's some wire ties and staples you can make a frame to protect soft fruit in your garden and a small (4X6) chicken tractor for amost no money. I go a bunch of them at the goodwill "as is" and they are my new favorite up cycle item.

Back
Top Bottom