Oregon

Just posted this question over on the predator and pest section but was wondering if local folks had experience or opinions about using insecticidal soap in their coops. Yesterday I discovered the dog crate some of my hens use as a nest box had exploded with mites. I pulled the crate out of the coop and insecticidal soap seemed to kill the mites on contact. Dusting hens and coop cleaning are the projects of the day. I understand this will have to be done again to catch the next batch of mites that hatch but I would like to knock out as many as possible this time around. Thank-you for any info!

Does anyone near me have any Speckled Sussex and/or Olive Egger
hatching eggs for sale?
I just want a few
fl.gif

How about black and white EE roo over Speckled Sussex? These hens are from a SS breeder, they are much bigger than my hatchery SS hens. The hatchery SS hens are in with a Buff Brahma roo. You are welcome to have some eggs for free, I am very curious what the chicks would look like. Need to google Colton, I am near Roseburg and get up to Eugene and Corvallis often.

My flock increased by 5 on 6/2/12. If I have guessed right, 3 BLRW pullets, 1 dark & 1 splash cockrel BLRW from the 14 eggs I got from shanshan51.
Saw the little peepers as I was feeding before leaving for our local Growers Market. I really wanted to stay and watch the new babies. Hard to focus on jams, quilting, etc. when my mind was here wondering if there were any more coming.

How about black and white EE roo over Speckled Sussex? These hens are from a SS breeder, they are much bigger than my hatchery SS hens. The hatchery SS hens are in with a Buff Brahma roo. You are welcome to have some eggs for free, I am very curious what the chicks would look like. Need to google Colton, I am near Roseburg and get up to Eugene and Corvallis often.

Thank you peepacheep...but I wanted them because I have some room in my incubator. I'll be setting them on Friday and I work everyday until then. There isn't time for me to drive to you and get them. Very kind of you to offer =)

Back
Top Bottom