Oregon

Mini, my cross beak passed away this morning. :(  She's in a better place and not suffering anymore. Sad day.

Very sorry about mini I was pulling for her. You did your best it must have felt good to
finally have food in her, I'm sure she knew you were trying. I think you should let the lady know and hopefully she will do the right thing and give you a new bird.

I'm going to need therapy for getting sentimental over these darn chickens!!! :p

Suzie...thank you....guess it was God's lesson in never giving up. My neighbors have chickens too and the lil 10 yr old girls held a funeral for her today, and we painted a rock to go in the garden for her. <3

The lady is being ok....wanting to give me a "credit" for another one....but I'm kinda sour on the whole deal....but Nellie is all alone now. :(

Last edited:
For folks in the Portland area, I am a Mental Health Counselor and I am starting a private practice! I work with adults and teens. If you, or anyone you know would like therapy at little or no cost please send me a PM.
We don't need no help we already know we is crazy cause we gots chickenz and we knows shicken math!
lau.gif

For folks in the Portland area, I am a Mental Health Counselor and I am starting a private practice! I work with adults and teens. If you, or anyone you know would like therapy at little or no cost please send me a PM.

I do know a few
30.gif
people that could be committed but I don't think any amount of talking could help them.... Many of them lurk around the oregon and washington sections of this very forum
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
I'm going to need therapy for getting sentimental over these darn chickens!!! :p
Suzie...thank you....guess it was God's lesson in never giving up. My neighbors have chickens too and the lil 10 yr old girls held a funeral for her today, and we painted a rock to go in the garden for her. <3
The lady is being ok....wanting to give me a "credit" for another one....but I'm kinda sour on the whole deal....but Nellie is all alone now. :(

That's very sweet of your neighbor and I love the painted rock idea. We don't want poor Nellie to be alone. But I can understand how you feel. Maybe get one from someone else. I wish you the best.

Welcome to the thread! I'm trying to catch up on reading before fair starts in Madras next week. I just read your thread today(on page 355) & the thread is up to 364 so I have a bit of catching up to do. We are in Crooked River Ranch as well. A friend of mine in Redmond has her rooster as a pet in her house. He gets along with the dogs fine & even wears a diaper to keep the floor clean (gets baths regularly as well).

In my experience, and from what I have read on the Heritage thread, the old lines of the RIR's are not so mean. It is the commercial versions that seem to have the problems. We have some bantam RC RIR's and they get along fine with others.

Back
Top Bottom