Oregon

Thank you...that's what I was thinking...she's obviously growing fine. I just emailed the lady and told her I would take both. I really hope my lil banties get along with their new siblings. :)

Hi is anyone selling cochins in Oregon??? I would really like to buy one!!
ya.gif

Thank you...that's what I was thinking...she's obviously growing fine. I just emailed the lady and told her I would take both. I really hope my lil banties get along with their new siblings. :)
Is it Laurel in Bend? That looks like her house and she has Favs. If it is, I almost guarantee you that's not a genetic issue with that bird anyway, I know her birds almost as well as she does. It had to be a hatching thing. ;)

Is it Laurel in Bend? That looks like her house and she has Favs. If it is, I almost guarantee you that's not a genetic issue with that bird anyway, I know her birds almost as well as she does. It had to be a hatching thing. ;)
Yes it is!!! She said she was fine at hatching and then something happened. Oh that makes me feel better that you know of her! :)

Hey just droppin in to tell any body down south. We will be at Winchester Bay AGAIN! !
celebrate.gif
Starting next wed pm thru Sat night. Feel free to drop by and visit. Never know I may just take ya for a ride on the sand ! ! !

Yay for going to Winchester again! We're going to Newport in August...cannot wait!!!!

So I got the two new girls. I'm so sad about the cross beak one. The lady said she eats fine...well she has no lack of "try"....but she is not very good getting the food in and is SO THIN. Had to bring them in under heat lamp last night cause she was shivering. Gonna make a mash of food for her today...might have to syringe feed her. I'm determined to get some weight on her and give her a good chance. Not sure if I got duped or not having to pay $8 for her...but in my mind I feel that I rescued her.

Here's a pic of the lil thing on the way home yesterday.

It can be genetic, or it can be from a skull malformation that happens during the incubation / hatching process. Like I had said before, I do not believe it to be genetic in this line, but you never want to breed from them just in case.

The beak will need to be kept trim, but hopefully as she ages she will get the whole eating thing figured out. Her weight will always have to be watched closely, to be sure that she is indeed getting enough to eat, as well as that she isn't being kept from the food by others. She'll be fluffy, so handle her often to check her weight.

As far as the $8 goes, I do usually give away these guys if I find a good home that is willing to take them on and give them a fighting chance, but I guarantee you Laurel's intent would not be to "dupe" you. She probably charged for the bird to ensure that it would be given that chance, kind of like the difference between charging for or giving away kittens..,.the people that have to pay for them are assumed to be more willing to take care of them, although yes, I am fully aware that is not always the case.
wink.png

If anyone looking for those small metal transport cages (more rabbit like) with the metal divider there were a couple at the Habitat for Humanity store in Corvallis. Just FYI as I was doing a drive through that way.

Back
Top Bottom