Oregon

Gorgeous birds!!! Where did you get yours and do you ever sell chicks/started birds? I was focusing on getting Wyandottes over Rocks because I prefer the rose combs, but cushion combs would also work.
These are decesdants of birds Cloverleaf had.
She got her start from a guy in OR...ask her.
I will have chicks & eggs in spring though.

Quote: He has a batch of 7 babies that are split. He took partridge Cochins to black Faverolles. These babies are SO cute!! I'll have to get some pics of them, but here's one of the boys...not a great pic, since I took it with my cell, but his chest is mottled, and his hackles are a gorgeous mahogany color. According to genetics calculators, when we breed these F1's together, we should get some partridge babies...

I love silkies especially for special needs, they are very gentle and tolerate being handled. We unfortunately have muscular dystrophy in my family and my friends son is mentally challenged, the silkies are very sweet. I looooooovvvvvveeee my Jersey Giants, they are very mild mannered birds, lay giant eggs and get along with everyone. They are not dominate chickens. I have my silkies hatching some eggs I ordered from a Jersey breeder in Michigan. Hopefully they will hatch. I just bought a jersey rooster that is a blue and have two black/blue hens. I can't wait to see if my silkie girls yield any Jerseys!!! I had Easter Eggers and Wyandottes. They were just a lot more pecky then the flock I have now.
I have a mess of those, BBS Jersey Giants, LOVE THEM !!!
Good Luck on your hatch !!

think about when there all grown up the mama will be taking care of them even know there much bigger then her!!!
Think about this...picture this in your mind (LOL):

A Large Breed Turkey hen setting & hatching Bantam Ameraucana eggs...........

Ask Clover about that too !!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

~Chickielady- I love my Chantecler roosters! I just need some girls for them! Any ideas where I can get some. I know John Blehm has them but I really dont want to have to get the other birds to go with them that would make an order. My two boys are from the only two Chantecler eggs that hatched for us this last spring. They are just over 5 months old.

They look a lot alike here but they are very different. My friend's daughter helped me name them, so we have Chanty and Claire. Chanty is much more orange and brighter(which looked like it might be a DQ at the show) and Claire is a deep rich Mahogany. Their personalities are very different in a lot of respects from my other breeds. I love the Partridge variety! The only thing about the partridge, is if I were to breed them for show I would have to have two pens to get the right colors for the standards, one for producing females and one for producing males. At least that seems to be what I remember from my reading various places about the breed. Not my plan, I just want them because I love their looks and personalities.

Where did you get yours? Do you have contact info? Please PM if you do. Thanks!
I got mine from Cloverleaf...but she has no more but knows the man she got her start from.
I do have a handful of chicks right now....6-8 I am not sure.
If I have a few extra pullets I can let you know.

He has a batch of 7 babies that are split. He took partridge Cochins to black Faverolles. These babies are SO cute!! I'll have to get some pics of them, but here's one of the boys...not a great pic, since I took it with my cell, but his chest is mottled, and his hackles are a gorgeous mahogany color. According to genetics calculators, when we breed these F1's together, we should get some partridge babies...

That is so cool for him to take on the project !!!
Got 5 toes ?

Back
Top Bottom