Oregon

I have a dog out of some folks that only had one or two litters, a male name Niko. We have one rescue out of California, her name is Maggie. And the rest are out of Aden and Windridge Farms lines. All purebred. I attempted to do some rescue with Catahoula rescue but at the time there werent any showing up in Oregon that they knew about. I ended up working with the local shelters in Central Oregon(where we lived at the time) and there were actually some that came in, both purebred and mixed.

Our girl Delphi is what got me started. Got her out of the Bend Shelter and they thought she was a Catahoula mix. After I learned about them, I dont really think she is, but it doesnt really matter we love her.

As you can see by the ears, definitely not purebred. I think more and more that she is some sort cattle dog mix and that Catahoula isnt very likely. This is her with her cat, Cinderbella, and when I say her cat I mean it. Its much more the cats idea, then Delphi's which makes it quite humorous. Poor Delph gets this panicked look as Bella rubs all over her sometimes. But they do clean each other and sleep together often, so I guess it is a two way street. They are both getting on in years but continue to hang out together. Its interesting to me that they are both dilute and mixed colors(calico and brindle), it doesnt look like it would be difficult to tell where one begins and the other ends, but sometimes it is. LOL, especially if you add a bunch of little Poms to the pic, which happens sometimes around here.
I would put up pics of the big dogs but at this time dont seem to have any on this computer. Maybe another time.

I do know what they are...but you don't see pb houlas around here. I have a mix, and I used to volunteer with Catahoula rescue. What lines do you have?

~Chickielady- I love my Chantecler roosters! I just need some girls for them! Any ideas where I can get some. I know John Blehm has them but I really dont want to have to get the other birds to go with them that would make an order. My two boys are from the only two Chantecler eggs that hatched for us this last spring. They are just over 5 months old.

They look a lot alike here but they are very different. My friend's daughter helped me name them, so we have Chanty and Claire. Chanty is much more orange and brighter(which looked like it might be a DQ at the show) and Claire is a deep rich Mahogany. Their personalities are very different in a lot of respects from my other breeds. I love the Partridge variety! The only thing about the partridge, is if I were to breed them for show I would have to have two pens to get the right colors for the standards, one for producing females and one for producing males. At least that seems to be what I remember from my reading various places about the breed. Not my plan, I just want them because I love their looks and personalities.

Where did you get yours? Do you have contact info? Please PM if you do. Thanks!

What you need is Partridge Chanteclers !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dickerson Partridge is to die for !!

Young, 4 1/2 mo old saddled Partridge Chantecler Pullet.

Her brother..............gorgeous male.

There is very few breeds where the females are more striking than the males, partridge is one of them !

~Chickielady- I love my Chantecler roosters! I just need some girls for them! Any ideas where I can get some. I know John Blehm has them but I really dont want to have to get the other birds to go with them that would make an order. My two boys are from the only two Chantecler eggs that hatched for us this last spring. They are just over 5 months old.

They look a lot alike here but they are very different. My friend's daughter helped me name them, so we have Chanty and Claire. Chanty is much more orange and brighter(which looked like it might be a DQ at the show) and Claire is a deep rich Mahogany. Their personalities are very different in a lot of respects from my other breeds. I love the Partridge variety! The only thing about the partridge, is if I were to breed them for show I would have to have two pens to get the right colors for the standards, one for producing females and one for producing males. At least that seems to be what I remember from my reading various places about the breed. Not my plan, I just want them because I love their looks and personalities.

Where did you get yours? Do you have contact info? Please PM if you do. Thanks!

Quote: Well, if you end up having to get chicks from John, know that it should be fairly easy to sell off any Ameraucanas that come from him too... ;) Personally, if I were looking for Chants, I'd order from him, and ask for "hatchery choice" of Ams to fill the 25 minimum... :D

I'm in the Portland/Vancouver area and am relatively new to raising poultry. A friend had me chicken-sit for a few months and got me hooked.
smile.png

So far we have Barred Plymouth Rock chickens, a few coturnix quail, and 4 midget white turkey poults. I have also been researching Muscovy ducks and would really like to get some of those.

We raise and show rabbits--satin, mini satin and Himalayan.

Shiny
Welcome!!
lol.png

ERGGG ANOUGH ROOSTERS!!!! This morning I went outside and fed my chickens took care of them like usaul. Then I went to my bantam/baby chick side and my buff silkie jumped up into the air all fluffed up so I started laughing because she went like a foot maybe half!!! LoL It was funny!!! Then she puffed all up and... CROWED!!! Also the cochin I got from 1chicken fan just started mounting!!! ALSO one of the baby chicks I have has one big come already and its only like 1 month!!! I have a question too!!! If u mix a large fowl chicken with a bantam is it gonna be bantam large fowl or in between??? cauz thats what my baby is. So I dicided that Im might sell the buff silkie but I havnt chosen a price. He has deformed feet so not show quality he is about a year now. HE was suppose to be a SHE. He is dirty right now and can be cleaned(and I will clean him) He is non stop crowing but his crowing sounds like hes hurt and its really quite. With the feet I dont know if the deformed feet r in the blood lines or if it had something happen to its feet. I got him when he was 4 months. If you have any questions you can pm me. Oh and his name is Cutie Pie also called Cherry Pie(I didnt name him and he was named when HE was a SHE) This is a pic of him:

He is the buff colored one.

Last edited:
I'm in the Portland/Vancouver area and am relatively new to raising poultry. A friend had me chicken-sit for a few months and got me hooked.
smile.png

So far we have Barred Plymouth Rock chickens, a few coturnix quail, and 4 midget white turkey poults. I have also been researching Muscovy ducks and would really like to get some of those.
We raise and show rabbits--satin, mini satin and Himalayan.
Shiny

There is a Poultry Swap on the 27th in Corvallis and there is a page for it on BYC and one on Facebook. One of the gals has been posting all sorts of Muscovy ducks on the fb page that she is selling. You should check it out.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...october-27-2012-in-corvallis/270#post_9790256

http://www.facebook.com/groups/372770739426884/

ERGGG ANOUGH ROOSTERS!!!! This morning I went outside and fed my chickens took care of them like usaul. Then I went to my bantam/baby chick side and my buff silkie jumped up into the air all fluffed up so I started laughing because she went like a foot maybe half!!! LoL It was funny!!! Then she puffed all up and... CROWED!!! Also the cochin I got from 1chicken fan just started mounting!!! ALSO one of the baby chicks I have has one big come already and its only like 1 month!!! I have a question too!!! If u mix a large fowl chicken with a bantam is it gonna be bantam large fowl or in between??? cauz thats what my baby is. So I dicided that Im might sell the buff silkie but I havnt chosen a price. He has deformed feet so not show quality he is about a year now. HE was suppose to be a SHE. He is dirty right now and can be cleaned(and I will clean him) He is non stop crowing but his crowing sounds like hes hurt and its really quite. With the feet I dont know if the deformed feet r in the blood lines or if it had something happen to its feet. I got him when he was 4 months. If you have any questions you can pm me. Oh and his name is Cutie Pie also called Cherry Pie(I didnt name him and he was named when HE was a SHE) This is a pic of him:

He is the buff colored one.
I had the same thing just happen to me. So far, I have had 50% of my new chicks turn out to be Roo's. When Blueberry (blue partridge) crowed, at 2 months, I went 'okay, well it has a twisted beak anyway'. Then my beautiful buff partridge, Peaches, crowed last week- at age 10 weeks. That sucked as I do not need Roo's, only hen's. He is beautiful and is going to a friend of mine, who needs a Silkie Roo. Now I am down to an Isabelle (Kiwi) and a Porcelain (Brussels). Just have this bad feeling that the beautiful Isabelle will be a Roo. Just showing the signs, even though Kiwi has not yet crowed.

So I know how you feel!

Sheila :)

Oh they are already on my list!!!!! I was talking with one of the judges at the show yesterday and he may have a contact for me in Canada. If I go ahead with this project I can contact him. Also got a name from the livestock conservancy group.

I wasn't ready for the size increase over the hatchery birds when I ordered the BLRW eggs. Coop 5 for some breeders will have to be much bigger than I thought.

The ones at the show were a good example of the difficulties. Just can't help it, love the pattern and the color combination as long as it's not the yellow hue.
Cloverleaf knows some folks in OR that have nice Partridge Chanteclers.

Back
Top Bottom