Oregon

Hello!
I am in McMinnville.
i had chicks ordered through a gal I found on craigslist, I was to pick them up last Thurseday, but not all of them made the trip alive, and I was last on the list, co I didn't get any.
hit.gif

Now I can't seem to find any that are sexed, I can't have roos in the city limits.
barnie.gif

We have a sad little brooder with no babies....
hit.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. If you keep looking on Craigslist, more will pop up any time now. Plus most feed stores are going to start selling chicks in a month or so. You won't have to wait long...though waiting is always tough to do when you are all set up and ready now.

It is great, but not too huge of a surprise.

All the tree hugger back to earth types plus the keep the government out of my food types.

Oregonians are a strange mix.

Since moving here from Tennessee, I've met a lot of organic, what to know where my food comes from, sustainable, green, biodiesel types. I'm slowly turning into one.

I also work with a bunch of conservative, don't trust the FDA types who like being self-sufficient and don't want folks telling them how to live.

So, it's not a surprise to me to see a lot of Oregon folks on this site. There are a lot of people who would gravitate toward keeping chickens.

frow.gif
Hi Everyone,Clackamas,Or . here.New to this chicken Farming and Loving every min. of it.I have 2 RIR and 1 BO.Have chics coming soon and I'm so excited.
celebrate.gif

Have a great day!
I hope to learn a lot from you all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom