Oregon

Quote:
the show went good...smaller show, but Coltin got to show for the first time and we came home with 8 new bantam chicks from the auction. 4 white frizzles and 4 white polish.

Feed store in Vancouver has a sign that says "the chicks are coming" and they are getting some exotics.

~Tiff~

Introducing my new flock!
Thanks to Backyard Chickens member Owlwithpeas, I have ten pullets (probably) from McMurray Hatchery. Almost 2 weeks old, Buff Orpingtons, Silver-Laced Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, and Black Star. They're growing in a box behind my desk and entertaining me constantly while I work. How cool is that!
How do I load their images here? The Img button doesn't do anything, so I need some educating.

Hi Coffeemama
Wanted to thank Carousal for the chickies I got from her the other day. They are fitting in nicely

I'm glad they are doing well, thanks for helping me with my chick addiction!
keep in touch on the Dom, I'm going to grow few of them up incase yours turns out to be a boy.
I'm down to a manageable group to grow up, I think I have all my extras placed until they are off extra heat.​

Thought I would share this: When I was at my local feed store yesterday, I was told that Fish and Wildlife has been making sure that none of the local feed stores in Benton County sell turkey chicks this year. Apparently, the hoopla in my town over wild turkeys taking over people's yards a few months ago has caused them to politely "ban" them from the area. I was wondering if anyone else heard of this in their area yet??

Quote:
Nope, I haven't heard about this. I suggest you call Fish and Wildlife and check it out...

Oh I'm sure it's true. It has been a really big deal here and I'm not really surprised they are doing it. I'm not buying any, I was just wondering if anyone else in the area had run into this yet because she said Fish and Wildlife were making the rounds last week. My feed store had to cancel all their orders for turkey chicks.

Last edited:
Just saw on the new that at 6:00 there is going to be a story about backyard chickens and that it's about time people in Salem are able to have them (with out keeping it a secret).

I think it's channel 8

~Tiff~

Hi newbie here in Woodburn Oregon!
I am just getting started... hoping to find some chicks this week... thinking I want a buff orphington and 2 bantams basically a little variety with good tempered sweet pets who are decent egg layers also!
I love this site very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom