Oregon

Mine did the same thing, sitting on the floor, that is funny! 
I compost as well, and I can tell you, the feathers don't break down, but it really doesn't bother me much.
I keep the food inside the coop.  Of course it is a hanging feeder.  If I put it outside the coop, that wild birds and squirrels would be in heaven, and FAT!!!
Mine is a hanging feeder too but it's just sitting on the floor at the moment. I'm waiting to see what they do and what the coops like when it's a done so we can do feeder and water last. I guess I'll quit worrying about feathers. Thanks Sonja. How's peanut butter and jelly?

Breeders who ship chicks--

What transit times are you experiencing with Express Mail out of the Portland postal hub? And what mortality rates?

We are having significant problems shipping out of Seattle and are considering using Portland if the results would be any better.

You can PM or email ([email protected]) if you'd rather.

Thanks so much for helping us keep our poor chicks alive!

--Deborah

Mine is a hanging feeder too but it's just sitting on the floor at the moment. I'm waiting to see what they do and what the coops like when it's a done so we can do feeder and water last. I guess I'll quit worrying about feathers. Thanks Sonja. How's peanut butter and jelly?

The first picture is PB, second is PB with J gobbling up num-nums and the last picture is of the next generation Diamond Jubilees. It is a cockerel, I haven't named him yet, there are 7 running around the garden.

The first picture is PB, second is PB with J gobbling up num-nums and the last picture is of the next generation Diamond Jubilees. It is a cockerel, I haven't named him yet, there are 7 running around the garden.
They're absolutely adorable! Look at those darlings. Etta looked at the picture and said "hi peanut butter!"

Sonja your birds are just Beatuiful! I really want some. :)

Hello, We are from Burns Oregon, Harney County.
We were just thinking about getting 4 to 6 pullets for eggs & possibly poultry (not sure if I can do that or not).
Just found this website. It's a big help.

Deb
Hello Deb & welcome to BYC - its a great site. Check out the learning center & other tabs.

Back
Top Bottom