Oregon

Got in a mild car pile-up on Rogue river highway last night. The road leaned to the left and so my car just kind of slid that way... Anyway, minor damage and all were nice as we waited for SOMEONE to start sorting us out. Of course, all emergency peeps were way too busy to get to all the accidents, so we just managed as well as we could.
These are my turkeys, looking to me to feed them this morning. i felt their feet last night as they roasted ABOVE the coop, instead of inside it, and the feet were warm! turkeys must have really good circulation to keep warm feet on frozen wood...I just keep bringing out hot water to put in their waterers. I'm adding salt and sugar to keep their systems up and running with the reduced water intake birds have in winter.

Pay no attention to the date, the camera is frozen on that date.

Good Morning chicken people!

I've got my first real case of ADR. Ain't doin right. One of my girls, a 10 month old barred rock is sitting still puffed up. Not eating and has some foamy discharge from her eye. She let me wipe it away which was uncharacteristic I'll try to get a picture. Of course I'm isolating her and supporting her the best I can. I read it could be mycoplasma and I'm off to the feed store for some tylan. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Lorilyn, sorry about the fender bender. I haven't been out in it yet. We are out in the Wilderville area.

These are my turkeys, looking to me to feed them this morning. i felt their feet last night as they roasted ABOVE the coop, instead of inside it, and the feet were warm! turkeys must have really good circulation to keep warm feet on frozen wood...I just keep bringing out hot water to put in their waterers. I'm adding salt and sugar to keep their systems up and running with the reduced water intake birds have in winter.
I think poultry in general must either have really good circulation or just don't really mind the cold (or both). I poured some hot water over the ice in their water bowl this am, just enough to melt down about an inch and some of them were standing in it to drink, then wandered off to peck around in the snow. I felt the water and it was cold, it was already starting to slush up before everyone was done drinking.

Got in a mild car pile-up on Rogue river highway last night. The road leaned to the left and so my car just kind of slid that way... Anyway, minor damage and all were nice as we waited for SOMEONE to start sorting us out. Of course, all emergency peeps were way too busy to get to all the accidents, so we just managed as well as we could.

Pay no attention to the date, the camera is frozen on that date.

what kinds of turkeys are those. They are very pretty.

Hi, I live in Sprague River, in Klamath County. Don't know if I've ever posted on this thread before, and wasn't going to read through 773 pages to find out, LOL! But I didn't have a computer for a couple of years, so wasn't posting on BYC anyway.

Kathleen
Hey Kathleen--I lived in Sprague River for 10 years! Commuted to Klamath Falls every day to work--that was no fun. I'm over in Grants Pass now, and have to say I don't miss that snow at all! Honey and I joke about how they close schools here for the tiniest bit of snow, it was just normal over the hill and you were expected to deal with it.

I haven't been on the Oregon thread for a while, good to see so many Southern Oregon folks here. I've thought we should start a State of Jefferson thread, just for more local chats.

This is CRAZY 5 miles from the Ocean and i have snow and we are 15f tonight

Thank god i just have the rabbits and cats dog and parrot Rabbits are now in my green house

Quail hatching the 9th and will be in the house LMAO thats gonna be fun with the cats but i have a top and the cats like to watch them

Back
Top Bottom