Oregon

That certainly would have been easier and faster than the way we did it! Took several hours hooking the wires through the chicken wire, attaching them to the cattle panels, pulling, twisting then cutting off the tails!

I can only imagine! I think it would be tedious any way you do it, but tools are always nice.

Any Eugenians could you help answer a question, one of my neighbors complained about my coop. The city showed up, and sent a letter saying that the building must be 5 feet from the property line. From what I can tell, we are, it's close. How do I make it right with my neighbors? Suggestions please, don't want to lose my new flock:(

Any Eugenians could you help answer a question, one of my neighbors complained about my coop. The city showed up, and sent a letter saying that the building must be 5 feet from the property line. From what I can tell, we are, it's close. How do I make it right with my neighbors? Suggestions please, don't want to lose my new flock:(
PICS please, and what is the EXACT measurement from the property line?? That's ridiculous!!

Last edited:
I agree, that is the golden question, iF the property line is the fence we are taking total if 4 to 5 inches! I will get pics to post tonight. I have one of those paying jobs that I must attend to this morning. I would much rather stay and attend to our flock!

Maybe you could offer them some eggs? Might make them ease up.

I agree, that is the golden question, iF the property line is the fence we are taking total if 4 to 5 inches! I will get pics to post tonight. I have one of those paying jobs that I must attend to this morning. I would much rather stay and attend to our flock!

There are people who are extremely anxious about rules. It's just the way their brain ticks ... they can be exceptionally useful people in society. And of course there are people that believe they are exempt from rules because they are good people with good intentions and common sense or just really really really want things to be different for themselves ... and again, these people can be exceptionally useful in society. But ... with such different paradigms, sometimes there is a real communication barrier between these two very different kinds of people.

And then ... there are curmudgeons who just want to squash joy wherever they see it. That's a pretty big group and they aren't so useful in society, but they are unavoidable and they've been ruining it for the rest of us since time began.

I hope for your sake you are just dealing with a stickler, and that you are flexible, and that you can both agree to help the other person be happy.

What is it exactly that they are complaining about? Noise, odor, etc.? That is where I would start to see if there is a compromise. Can you move the coop?

[/IMG]

Here is a pic of the space between the fence and the coop/run. The problem I think it's the nose when I was building. The coop is now finished, so the nose from that should be over;)

Back
Top Bottom