Oregon

I'm on the hunt for good quality chicken feed...what do you use? I recently switched from Rogue to Buxton feed, but I cannot stand the smell of the Buxton feed (of all things!), especially if it gets damp. My chickens carry the scent since they've been eating it too. I don't know what ingredient it has that causes the smell, but it is an overly sweet smell that turns my stomach. I need to find something different and would love some suggestions.

Last edited:
I'm on the hunt for good quality chicken feed...what do you use? I recently switched from Rogue to Buxton feed, but I cannot stand the smell of the Buxton feed (of all things!), especially if it gets damp. My chickens carry the scent since they've been eating it too. I don't know what ingredient it has that causes the smell, but it is an overly sweet smell that turns my stomach. I need to find something different and would love some suggestions.

Where are you? I've been working with a mill near Albany that came very highly recommended. We just got our recipe figured out and I'm hoping to get our first order of feed very soon.

Where are you? I've been working with a mill near Albany that came very highly recommended. We just got our recipe figured out and I'm hoping to get our first order of feed very soon.

I'm near Albany- can you tell me more? Is this the place on Highway 34 heading into Corvallis?

I'm near Albany- can you tell me more? Is this the place on Highway 34 heading into Corvallis?

I think it's the other side if I5 ... Union Point Custom Feeds. I believe they sell individual bags of their own feed mixes ... I'm going to order by the ton.

They have some contact info, but not prices or recipes, on their website.

http://unionpoint.com

Last edited:
I always forget CORS is in Redmond, not Bend. Got my two Jungle Fowl yesterday; asked if they had extra chicks, but they only had RIR, which I don't really want.

Went to Central Oregon Irrigation to see what chicks they had. They were labeled Turkey Asst (only one turkey left, he/she loved pecking my finger), Barred Rock, and Giant Cochin. I looked at all their legs, because I wouldn't mind a Giant Cochin, but there were no feathered feet. But I noticed some chicks looked like Wyandottes. Asked one of the guys working what chicks were in the brooder, he said the ones that were labeled. I told him there are no Cochin, because none have feathered feet. He gave me a funny look and said giant ones didn't have feathered feet, and proceeded to show me them on their poster. Didn't work out in his favor, since they have feathered feet. I told him the others looked like Wyandottes, but I couldn't really tell what color because of the red heat light. He called their distributor, but that guy didn't know what they sent them either.

Told the guy I wanted two of the Wyandottes (obviously Golden Laced, after he pulled one out). Picked one out of the box and showed the guy how I knew they were Wyandottes and showed him which ones they were on his poster.

I don't think he likes me very much now... They also had a brooder with male Rouen ducklings and GSL.

Back
Top Bottom