Oregon

Quote:
My wife will probably wait to name them until we know who is boy or girl. She will likely go with a Shakespeare theme though as she is a drama girl. The only 2 we could show are the Partridge and Blue(recognized colors). The Paint and Porcelain are colors in development, but I liked them better than White or Buff(which I could have gotten). The Paint still has a little pink on the toes which would DQ it and one foot only has 4 toes. We will have to see about showing the other 2. That takes a lot of extra care and don't know if we will have that kind of time. Depending on how much we like them(I am sure we will) I may start breeding them and continue work on the non approved colors.

My wife will probably wait to name them until we know who is boy or girl. She will likely go with a Shakespeare theme though as she is a drama girl. The only 2 we could show are the Partridge and Blue(recognized colors). The Paint and Porcelain are colors in development, but I liked them better than White or Buff(which I could have gotten). The Paint still has a little pink on the toes which would DQ it and one foot only has 4 toes. We will have to see about showing the other 2. That takes a lot of extra care and don't know if we will have that kind of time. Depending on how much we like them(I am sure we will) I may start breeding them and continue work on the non approved colors.
Yes, I was hoping my Heritage RIR's would be big enough to show at the April PNPA show, but judging by the time frame I got as to when they would arrive, it looks like I won't be able too. Right now, I'm really regreting not buying that SQ Silkie in Octobor because I'm only going to have 1 bird to show in April.
he.gif

Wellllllllll, you have 5 months to finish out a bird or two or three. If you have an idea what choices you might like you could just get yourself a present or three and have your Santa make you a finishing pen to put them in. Not to be an enabler but there are so many breeders here and in the southern part of WA and most of us would have culled down to what we think are decent birds for winter.

Wellllllllll, you have 5 months to finish out a bird or two or three. If you have an idea what choices you might like you could just get yourself a present or three and have your Santa make you a finishing pen to put them in.  Not to be an enabler but there are so many breeders here and in the southern part of WA and most of us would have culled down to what we think are decent birds for winter.  

Yes, we are planning on building 2 breeding pens after Christmas. Well, 1 with a divider in the middle, but same thing. Cochins are something I like but I can't get any cockerels until we finish the breeding pen, which will probably be mid January. I did contact Sheryl Butler about some but haven't heard back and it's been a little less then a month...

Are there more chicks available? Are they close by? I should bite my tongue. I really want to raise them through the winter but I may not have a place for them yet... BUT I really wanna! They are just the sweetest lookin babies!

Back
Top Bottom