Oregon

Just getting started here. We moved down from Anchorage a couple months ago. Got a pair of EE's at the moment with a bunch of mixed breed eggs in the incubator. We will see how the incubator goes before we run off to the Grange and pick up some chicks. The incubator eggs are due to hatch right when the Grange has their chick days sale.

May give meat birds a try later this year or early next year depending on how well our first venture goes.

Got some rabbits and am getting a beehive together as well. Been wanting to do this stuff for years (I grew up on a farm) but the living situation in Alaska did not allow for it.

My sister moved to Ankorage this year. She likes it more than the 2 years they spent in Venetti, but I don't think i could do it.

There are a few Southern Oregon people here, our numbers seem to be growing.

Hope the incubating goes well, I've got BLRW's cooking now I may try some BR's later. My roo is big for a hatchery bird so he should throw larger chicks, typical hatchery marking but great temperment.

There is a poultry show in late April that looks like it will be in Red Bluff if you feel like a little drive to look at some birds. No idea how many birds will be there but it's close to my old romping grounds so I hope to show a couple of birds there.

Got some rabbits and am getting a beehive together as well. Been wanting to do this stuff for years (I grew up on a farm) but the living situation in Alaska did not allow for it.
That is so cool. We would love to do bees. Just not quite there yet.

Looking to purchase hatching egg for our first grade class to hatch in Astoria ,Or. We are in need of 4 dozen eggs and I would like a few of them to be black cooper marans for my personal flock after the kids hatch them.
Contact AyeUpChuck on here...she was GORGEOUS Marans, as well as Ameraucanas, and Olive Eggers....

There is a poultry show in late April that looks like it will be in Red Bluff if you feel like a little drive to look at some birds. No idea how many birds will be there but it's close to my old romping grounds so I hope to show a couple of birds there.
Do you have a link or any more info on the show. I dont know if I could make it, but it sounds like fun.

Do you have a link or any more info on the show. I dont know if I could make it, but it sounds like fun.
I had a hard time finding it. Here is where I found it

norcalpoultryassoc.homestead.com

I still haven't been able to get a show flyer, but I have been reading the meeting minutes for info.

Back
Top Bottom