Oregon

So I was in Portland yesterday and met with a breeder and got a "americauna" obviously I'm not trying to get a true americauna, just a Easter Egger. I got a 6month old. Met and took her home late. This morning she is in the run and her toes are completely curled. Obviously it wasn't mentioned. I don't really care about a refund or giving her back. But I feel like it's really crappy he sold her like this. Do I let it go? Call him?

Howdy!  I'm in Clackamas and am getting Australorp chicks May 19.  I love this site!  I've been lurking for several weeks.

Does anyone close by have a heat lamp I could borrow?  I'm super careful and would be grateful to trade chocolate chip cookies for the favor...
may have one but im in beaverton

So I was in Portland yesterday and met with a breeder and got a "americauna" obviously I'm not trying to get a true americauna, just a Easter Egger. I got a 6month old. Met and took her home late. This morning she is in the run and her toes are completely curled. Obviously it wasn't mentioned. I don't really care about a refund or giving her back. But I feel like it's really crappy he sold her like this. Do I let it go? Call him?

how much did you pay? Was it a breeder or just some one off Craigslist?

I paid $20 off craigslist. He said she was eggs he hatched and the french copper maran i bought is his line he breeds. I think I paid $25 for her or vice versa.

I paid $20 off craigslist. He said she was eggs he hatched and the french copper maran i bought is his line he breeds. I think I paid $25 for her or vice versa.
She may have been from eggs he hatched, but the eggs he hatched weren't true Ameraucana eggs, she's not a recognized color, her legs look like they have a greenish hue to them, which means they aren't slate, and it looks like she has a single comb. The toes won't affect her ability to lay you pretty eggs, but if you were looking for a true Ameraucana, that's not what you got. Sorry. :(

Oh I definitely didn't go into it thinking she would be a true americauna. Just wanted something to lay pretty eggs. I could tell by her green legs. I am just sad he sold her with crooked toes. He never said a word about it. He is selling a lot of chickens right now.

Howdy! I'm in Clackamas and am getting Australorp chicks May 19. I love this site! I've been lurking for several weeks.

Does anyone close by have a heat lamp I could borrow? I'm super careful and would be grateful to trade chocolate chip cookies for th
You could always get one at the grociery store or i got mine from cash king and use a 40 g rubber container with the top cut out so i could put in rabbit wire other wise the cats would have a few little quick snacks,.

where are you at ? I think i have extra lights

Oh I definitely didn't go into it thinking she would be a true americauna. Just wanted something to lay pretty eggs. I could tell by her green legs. I am just sad he sold her with crooked toes. He never said a word about it. He is selling a lot of chickens right now.

Oh sorry, I read that in a hurry & thought you said you were wanting a true Ameraucana. LOL

Anybody interested in hatching eggs? I have the following available right now:

Large fowl Faverolles. $36/dozen
Bantam blue laced red Wyandottes $25/dozen
Bantam black / blue Faverolles $30/dozen

I normally run a lengthy waiting list on the LF eggs, but my buyer backed out this week & I don't ship after Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom