Oregon

Down here we have Granges rather than Wilco, they get BB/White turkeys every so often. Same with waterfowl, phesants, chukars.

I just recently lost a DB bantam, it's so sad to go into that coop and not have her telling me all about her day. She was a real sweetie and we ordered 3 times before finally get a girl that made it through shipping. Our summer heat is hard on the brahmas.

The basques are supposed to handle the heat well, we are hoping to use them for our layer flock and not rely on the sexlinks. The sexlink eggs are great but they just don't have the vigor. So far 11 eggs are going well, the rest have some serious air cell damage. The mail carrier was glad to deliver the box, it was getting ripe from the broken eggs.

no he had a bum leg he dislocated his hip really bad i got the hip back into place but the ligaments were messed up couldnt use his leg he couldnt be with his hens or roost or anything i think it was best for him he was very calm and timid for a rooster though he was a good boy

Howdy all,
I went to the poultry show up at the Clark county fair grounds today. First time at a show in 40 years. seen lots of gorgeous chickens. I came away with 7 coturnix quail chicks.

I would like to blame it on the little girl, but I didn't fight it too hard ether. Oh well, I guess I'm just a rebel at heart.

Anybody else go?
I was there with my nephew. Hoping to show some birds at the Fall show, BCM, Delawares and possibly Welsummers. The quail were super cute! We have raised them before, they were really hard on eachother, liked to draw blood. We were raising them in wire cages, probably the problem..............

Great day at the show today! I got on Champion Row with my Wyandotte cockerel. :D

If only the shows weren't so far away. I'm 4.5 hours south of Portland. Long trip just to look, but it sure is fun! We have been to two shows up north and went south to the one in Red Bluff last month.

Back
Top Bottom