Oregon

I saw ya a couple of times, but when I figured out which girl you were was you reached into the box under your Wyandotte and pulled the Serama out.

Yep, I was having some issues with his tail and the box. I was able to later move him, after talking with the show staff, to an empty cage for the night so he wouldn't damage his tail. He was a pricey little guy and I would hate it if anything happened to him. I'm really looking forward to showing him in October, as well as the pullet I hatched and the pullet I bought yesterday. The PNPA really puts on a great show, really worth the drive and $. I like how they are already allowing new breeds to the U.S. to be shown.

the chickens are enjoying a nice yogurt snack

Well, I had quite the experience with Trojan this evening. I went to take so pictures of him, and I set him down on a ledge outside in the sun. I went to turn on the camera and he took off. I chased him all around the yard until I got him cornered and caught him. Maybe he really is wild, lol.

What a beautiful day made Monday manageable. Got my brooder all set up for chicks coming this week
big_smile.png
link to pic below
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/...from-two-old-rabbit-cages/sort/display_order/
I can't really tell from the pic. But PLEASE make sure that light fixture is a ceramic rated for the size lamp you have in it. Often people who don't know will use the cheap plastic ones. THose can't take the heat and over time will melt with a great potential to cause fire.

NOTE to self: Do not hatch cute, adorable, fluffy bantam DUCKS - how in the world am I going to tough out selling these tiny little babies. Was hoping for pure call ducks but East Indie cross eggs came first for the test batch. Soooo cute. (Sorry, just a teaser as camera will not download today, sigh).

Back
Top Bottom