Oregon

59C8C82A-8D2B-4DB0-BBC7-5813F007765E-2280-0000010346D092DC_zps4f7540c4.jpg

Our Easter egger came through today. So the egg in front is my buff orp. Middle is the ee and the far is our red sex link.

How did we do for color?

Last edited:
Thanks I will defiantly keep you in mind but for right now I'm not up for another trip that far north right away.
I live in florence close to Eugene not sure how far that is but i do have some really BIG birds 

1 My pure Dark Brahma from show people and they are show birds 
Austrolorp,Buff brahma , x Dark Brahma Roo hes my second boy for my plans hes just older then the chicks that are too young for him now ,

let me know the siapan jungle fowl get about 3 feet tall 

I did get two lavender orpington hens and BrendaJ was nice enough to give me her buff orpington this weekend. Two long road trips in one weekend was enough ;). I'm going to let these guys settled in and go from there.

Thanks I will defiantly keep you in mind but for right now I'm not up for another trip that far north right away.
I did get two lavender orpington hens and BrendaJ was nice enough to give me her buff orpington this weekend. Two long road trips in one weekend was enough
wink.png
. I'm going to let these guys settled in and go from there.
Your welcome Reedgirl20 - it was nice meeting you & I'm sure the cockerel will love his new little flock of ladies once he settles in.
big_smile.png

As far as NPIP you are correct about the testing.  What I meant by that statement is that I am NPIP, and technically cannot purchase birds to introduce to my flock.  I agree whole-heartedly about the viruses, bacterium, etc.  It is a scary thing!  I have squeeky clean coops, feed and water away from wild birds, open spaces under and around  the coops.  A girl can only do so much!  lol.  BUT that doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way.  One of the other things they tested for here was salmonella.

That is great that you are NPIP and I do believe that you do your best and take super good care of your birds, I can tell that from chatting with you and seeing all the great pics of happy birds you post. :) and some day I hope to own a few of your amazingly beautiful Jubilees.

For the record, while it is true that we can't tell if a bird is a carrier of something, we swap organizers work very hard, not only to pound quarantine into people's heads, but also to monitor the birds that are there. If anyone's birds look sick, they are asked to leave immediately and are not welcome back at future swaps, and every vendor must fill out an intake form, which lists out everything they are selling, so we can track it if an issue does arise.
The only issue we had from this year's spring swap was a case where someone's home flock carried disease, and they actually spread it to the swap birds they brought home, not the other way around. And yes, we keep track of things like that, and keep a list of people who aren't allowed to sell at swaps. ;)

We take our responsibilities to not only vendors, but also buyers / other swap-goers, very seriously.

Great to hear that they try so hard to keep sick birds away! I'm a bit more germ paranoid then your average person. :)

I've been using the Rogue All In One poultry feed from the Grange Co Op milled in Centeral Point, Oregon. My chickens are about 17weeks old. I'd love to heard the feedback of those more experienced than I on this feed choice.

Anyone interested in two Blue Laced Red Wyandotte pullets? Non-hatchery birds. Six months old, at least one of them has started laying. $25 each on CL, $20 each for any of you....

Back
Top Bottom