Oregon

Anyone closer to southern Oregon with orpingtons or similar sized chickens available? Looking to get another couple hens and possibly a rooster and like the larger size birds. Hoping to not have to drive more then 2 hours from Medford.

Soooo, help me out guys. I am switching up my breeding flock. I am going to let my lavender girls go, and my blue laced rooster. That way I will have only blue and splash Orpingtons for local sale. I have a hard time finding the blacks homes. OR should I just let my blue laced rooster go and keep lavenders and have them and blue and splash? I have plenty of coops, (5) and plenty of space. With the Jubilees getting ready; I was thinking about bringing in Crele Orps.

I am open to any suggestions. I need local sales as well as national (online of course). What are your favorite colors? Sizes?
A few of my coops....

Plenty of room for birds!

Anyone closer to southern Oregon with orpingtons or similar sized chickens available? Looking to get another couple hens and possibly a rooster and like the larger size birds. Hoping to not have to drive more then 2 hours from Medford.
I have a young Buff Orph cockerel - aprox 4 months ( hatched beginning of April) . He is a nice sized boy :)

I can send other pics if your interested - Have a great day

Soooo, help me out guys. I am switching up my breeding flock. I am going to let my lavender girls go, and my blue laced rooster. That way I will have only blue and splash Orpingtons for local sale. I have a hard time finding the blacks homes. OR should I just let my blue laced rooster go and keep lavenders and have them and blue and splash? I have plenty of coops, (5) and plenty of space. With the Jubilees getting ready; I was thinking about bringing in Crele Orps. I am open to any suggestions. I need local sales as well as national (online of course). What are your favorite colors? Sizes? A few of my coops.... Plenty of room for birds!
I think you have every coop I ever thought of building. So cute!!

Soooo, help me out guys. I am switching up my breeding flock. I am going to let my lavender girls go, and my blue laced rooster. That way I will have only blue and splash Orpingtons for local sale. I have a hard time finding the blacks homes. OR should I just let my blue laced rooster go and keep lavenders and have them and blue and splash? I have plenty of coops, (5) and plenty of space. With the Jubilees getting ready; I was thinking about bringing in Crele Orps. I am open to any suggestions. I need local sales as well as national (online of course). What are your favorite colors? Sizes? A few of my coops.... Plenty of room for birds!
Since you have plenty of room, want some Silkies:)

I am staying with Orps, thanks Suzie. I went to the Spring Poultry swap, I couldn't stay long, but OMG such awesome looking chickens! The silkies are awesome, seriously. Are you going to the fall swap?

As far as the coops go, my fiance builds them. I see something I think is cute or would work really good for a particular reason, and POW! He builds it. The best part is that he builds them well, so I never have to worry about them falling apart or critters getting in.

The first one is HUGE! We are adding a nesting box to the other side, that will be the same as the one side. This is where all my Jubilees are going.

The second one was a "Honey, I want a coop that looks like a barn." And there it is! The second larger roofs both open, one side to their nesting boxes and the other to the roosting bar, so I can get to their hanging feeder easy.

The third he made from metal roofing material as it sits under a cedar tree. And we all know that cedar trees suck for needles and such. Now they just slide right off! lol. The bottom green part can double as storage or a duck house. The back half of the white roof also opens to the nesting boxes.

I think that it is cool because at least 50% of the materials are reused from something else.

Okay I am done bragging.

I am staying with Orps, thanks Suzie.  I went to the Spring Poultry swap, I couldn't stay long, but OMG such awesome looking chickens!  The silkies are awesome, seriously.  Are you going to the fall swap?

As far as the coops go, my fiance builds them.  I see something I think is cute or would work really good for a particular reason, and POW!  He builds it.  The best part is that he builds them well, so I never have to worry about them falling apart or critters getting in.

The first one is HUGE!  We are adding a nesting box to the other side, that will be the same as the one side.  This is where all my Jubilees are going.

The second one was a "Honey, I want a coop that looks like a barn."  And there it is!  The second larger roofs both open, one side to their nesting boxes and the other to the roosting bar, so I can get to their hanging feeder easy.

The third he made from metal roofing material as it sits under a cedar tree.  And we all know that cedar trees suck for needles and such.  Now they just slide right off!  lol.  The bottom green part can double as storage or a duck house.  The back half of the white roof also opens to the nesting boxes.

I think that it is cool because at least 50% of the materials are reused from something else.

Okay I am done bragging.

Well you can't blame a gal for trying :D sounds like your fiancé is a keeper! Must be nice.
I don't go to the swaps I hear to many scary stories of people bringing home a sick bird and it spreading to their flock it scares me. I bet it is neat seeing all the birds tho.

Well you can't blame a gal for trying
big_smile.png
sounds like your fiancé is a keeper! Must be nice.
I don't go to the swaps I hear to many scary stories of people bringing home a sick bird and it spreading to their flock it scares me. I bet it is neat seeing all the birds tho.

It is funny you mention the sick birds, it was one of the reasons I went. I wanted to see how close together the birds were and how sanitary the conditions were. I am a bit concerned as well. Everything looked pretty good, and they pound it into everyone's head to quarantine their birds. I don't know that I would bring any home, unless it was from someone that I knew and was NPIP because I couldn't buy any otherwise. I have every intention to quarantine any of my own birds that don't sell and I bring home. IDK, it may bite me in the butt, but I am confident that it will be okay. But now I am thinking, er, maybe not? I am going to have sick chicken nightmares now.

Does anyone have 2 Silkie females for a Lonely male .
My friend had 2 hens die from a ???????????? They where 8 weeks old in a back room the roo is 3 months old and needed a friend something got these little girls
Let me know only request is bantams and healthy even older girls just so she doesnt just have 1 bantam silkie chicken LOL Tammy

Back
Top Bottom