Oregon

Slow thread today. So.... I'm going to work on a watering system today. I bought the drip system from coop queen via amazon. I've got to get the fittings and drill a hole in the bucket. Anybody have a similar set up? Any advice?

No advice here, as I am new and still trying to figure out how I'm going to do it. I saw the set up your talking about, let me know how it works out for you. Of course I'm a DIY kinda a girl, and keep thinking I can build that myself...lol

I just bought a crapload of those cheap Lixit bottle waterers. Turkeys took to it in a second. Chickens are a little slow but I see a few pecking at them repeatedly. Today I came out to the coop to find most of them empty, so they are learning! This way, I can add the electrolytes and vitamins in there.

No advice here, as I am new and still trying to figure out how I'm going to do it. I saw the set up your talking about, let me know how it works out for you. Of course I'm a DIY kinda a girl, and keep thinking I can build that myself...lol
I bought the nipples already attached to the PVC pipe. The rest will be DIY. So I'll keep ya posted. I've been just refilling the mason jar waterers all day long. Tired of that!

Anybody need some day old chicks to put under a broody, OR just because? :)

I had a few hatch today that are Faverolle over various brown egg layers. Located in Canby.

Anybody need some day old chicks to put under a broody, OR just because?
smile.png

I had a few hatch today that are Faverolle over various brown egg layers. Located in Canby.
Congratulations! The idea is tempting but I'm to far away and way to many things to do today. I'm taking broodies to the fair today that will hopefully have a few hatch out in the next couple of days. Looks like fertility went way down with the heat so not as many developed. 13 birds washed, 3 to go, and 4 broodies to move today.

I'm located in Salem. Does anybody know of a store (grocery, or farm stand) that would be willing to give (either free or discounted) past its prime produce they can't sell? I'm interested in getting it for my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom