Oregon

There were 2 white silkies. And there might have been a splash.

Last year they had a ton, I know because I was showing 2. :) And there was like 8 in the silkies class. Did you maybe come year before last?

There were 2 white silkies. And there might have been a splash.

Last year they had a ton, I know because I was showing 2. :) And there was like 8 in the silkies class. Did you maybe come year before last?

Yes, I was thinking as I wrote that maybe it was the year before. Time flys anymore. Lol

Lol, it was a good group. We had WAY more exhibitors than normal, I thought the whole barn had great variety. Saw some birds I had never seen in person before.

I see your buff silkie in your profile pic. Do you raise silkies?

Lol, it was a good group. We had WAY more exhibitors than normal, I thought the whole barn had great variety. Saw some birds I had never seen in person before.

I see your buff silkie in your profile pic. Do you raise silkies?

I happen to let the girls hatch some out this summer and I made the mistake of letting a hen continue to lay after the first two started sitting so I had staggered hatching. The girls finally ended up being done with some eggs so I brought them in and all but one hatched, another died while trying to hatch. I ended up with thirteen chicks :) I'll see how easy it is to sell these if I do it again next year or not. I worry about placing the Cockerels I know the hens will go fast. Two of the little house silkies went to a new home today.
Really cool that they had such a good turn out this year and last.

Oh I saw him st the fair!! Beautiful bird!!

Wow, beautiful!
Thank you! I'm so lucky to have him, he really is an amazing bird
smile.png

Gorgeous bird bantychickenluv, none of my boys are that pretty. Hehe, guess I owe my americauna boy for that.

Suzierd, what varieties you got? I haven't done much with my silkies. Got my first rooster this year so my eggs aren't fertilized,( at least in my silkie pen ) but one of my silkie girls I get an egg from every few weeks. The rest the rest the time she's broody. Boy she can be a mean little booger when it comes to her nest. :)

Back
Top Bottom