Oregon

Hmm I may be interested in the GLW. We have one GLW hen that is just gorgeous, and one GLW pullet that is about 4 weeks. Wouldn't mind having some more especially a cockerel. Are you looking to sell/trade or just rehome to have them gone?

Edit: After reading some info on how to quarantine, I think I'll pass. We're not set up for that kind of chicken isolation yet and with our attention going towards the bathroom remodel, we aren't going to be set up for quite some time. DH would be crushed if anything happened to his sweet little Octavia so I'll just stick with hatchery chicks.
smile.png

Last edited:
I totally understand. I am NPIP and have to isolate everything. They have been here for 2 weeks and are healthy happy little things. I have 3 different isolation brooder and coops. An area where the public can go, and a gated 1 1/2 acres where they can't. Grrrr.

It depends on how serious a person takes disease precautions. I have a lot of time, effort, money and emotion in my birds. I have always taken it very seriously. If I have birds flown in from say, Texas, I have their blood lab tested for mycoplasma at the Dept. of Ag. in Salem. I cheer on anyone that takes the health of their birds seriously. Rah! Rah! :)

It depends on how serious a person takes disease precautions. I have a lot of time, effort, money and emotion in my birds. I have always taken it very seriously. If I have birds flown in from say, Texas, I have their blood lab tested for mycoplasma at the Dept. of Ag. in Salem. I cheer on anyone that takes the health of their birds seriously. Rah! Rah! :)
I learned my lesson But you should also test for MG ,LT and Other things they are Bad in oregon

It depends on how serious a person takes disease precautions.  I have a lot of time, effort, money and emotion in my birds.  I have always taken it very seriously.  If I have birds flown in from say, Texas, I have their blood lab tested for mycoplasma at the Dept. of Ag. in Salem.  I cheer on anyone that takes the health of their birds seriously.  Rah!  Rah!  :)

That's great Sonja!

I'm so excited! One of our girls laid her first egg today! Out was small of course. But shots laying :yesss:

I can't wait till the other four are old enough to lay. This one is the one I got at the Fall Poultry Swap. I think she's about 5mo. The other four I raised from chicks and are only 3mo old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom