Oregon

Oh, I forgot don't forget to wash the eggs off before you crack them open, because of the bloom that is on the shell that protects the shall(egg) for awhile and you can keep them on the counter

not worrying about needing to put in the refrigerator right away.
Karen

Anyone know what time the show in Clark co. opens and closes?

Never mind.

I just went anyway. For some reason I didn't see any road island reds. lots of other breeds though.

Seen a columbian rock poulet that was just gorgeous.

Nothing on the for sale side tempted me enough to spend my money. I stopped on the way home and bought 5 day old sexlinks. Will see if my silkies will raise them for me.

Nope, our hen's egg shells are the same. We had 11 eggs to eat so we just made one big omelet best omelet we have ever eaten.
Karen
Last night we had a egg Omlet bake for Dinner started out with a cake pan 9x13
added 1/2 cub butter onion ,green , red and yellow bell peppers . Zuccini Squash baked at 350 for 30 minutes and then added precooked Baked potatoe Baked at 400 15 minutes 8 eggs and milk mixed poured over the top and mixed enough to get egg all over the pan as even as i could baked at 400 for 15 minutes topped with mozzy cheee when done and served , Got up middle of night snaked on it cold LOL

Last night we had a egg Omlet bake for Dinner started out with a cake pan 9x13
added 1/2 cub butter onion ,green , red and yellow bell peppers . Zuccini Squash baked at 350 for 30 minutes and then added precooked Baked potatoe Baked at 400 15 minutes 8 eggs and milk mixed poured over the top and mixed enough to get egg all over the pan as even as i could baked at 400 for 15 minutes topped with mozzy cheee when done and served , Got up middle of night snaked on it cold LOL

Yummy! I've been making a chili relleno casserole recipe a lot lately ... the top layer is a dozen eggs with a little flour and grated cheese stirred in. So good it calls to you in the night!

I like to make quick leftover microwave "casserole" with anything that's in the fridge and the "orphaned eggs" (eggs too small or too big or too cracked to sell) ... just scramble the eggs in a microwavable container (I use a huge pyrex measuring cup), add any leftovers haunting your fridge, probably add some cheese, stir, and microwave while watching. You can take it out and stir it a couple times during cooking to make sure it cooks evenly and you can catch it at your preferred state of "doneness." I really like to add in rice when I do this, but it is different every time. One of our favorites so far was mexican rice and steamed veggies and fresh onion and a few tater tots someone brought home. Right now I have a bunch of leftover chinese in the fridge I might do this with, though probably without the cheese. So simple and so easy and it tastes so good!

You can even do this as a brown-bag lunch ... keep the eggs in the shell until you are ready to heat up your meal ... and I recommend a glass container. It will make your co-workers jealous.

good show :D

Now that's a good idea for using up leftovers. One of my childhood friends made scrambled eggs in the microwave and they puffed up like marshmallows. It was fun but we never thought to mix stuff into it.

When we got chickens last year I didn't notice much difference in the egg quality. However at the moment we can't eat our eggs for a while because the chickens are detoxing from some nasties they got into, so I buy them from the grocery store again. (It feels really weird to buy eggs now.) And the first thing I noticed is the shell is so thin, the white is so runny, and the yolk is so pale! Guess it took getting spoiled for a while to be able to notice the difference. :D

I'm sitting here watching the Cockerel Channel on Chicken TV and I'm noticing a lot of white ears. These are all mutts, we have several breeds of hen and four of rooster. Two of the hen breeds are white egg layers, and one of the rooster breeds is. We usually only do two white eggs per clutch.

I'm here because I'm trying to decide if one of the presumed cockerels is really a pullet.

I'm sitting here watching the Cockerel Channel on Chicken TV and I'm noticing a lot of white ears. These are all mutts, we have several breeds of hen and four of rooster. Two of the hen breeds are white egg layers, and one of the rooster breeds is. We usually only do two white eggs per clutch.

I'm here because I'm trying to decide if one of the presumed cockerels is really a pullet.
Photos please then maybe we can see and help

Photos please then maybe we can see and help

I would do this, but I'm being super stupid about photos right now. The ones I tried to take yesterday look exactly like what they were ... a crazy lady chasing around a bunch of teenage boys with an iPhone.
gig.gif
There are two birds I'd love to show you guys ... the one in question who when in with the laying flock looks like a cockerel, but when in with the cockerels looks like a pullet ... and the one I think is so pretty with a super interesting comb (it is like a large, flat, triangular pea comb).

In other news ... today is the day I bring home a breeding trio of Dual Purpose heritage birds.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom