Oregon

Yeah ... we gave up and closed the coop door this afternoon. The only thing going through it was snow ...

Too funny! We usually have 3 distinct flocks of birds in 3 distinct houses (about 20 birds per house). Yesterday, I went down in the evening to put the birds up and found that most of them were already in -- all in one house. This morning when I let them out we counted 45 in the same house -- including 3 who are so new they haven't even been officially accepted by the other birds into the houses prior. It was like a clown car out there!

Too funny!  We usually have 3 distinct flocks of birds in 3 distinct houses (about 20 birds per house).  Yesterday, I went down in the evening to put the birds up and found that most of them were already in -- all in one house. This morning when I let them out we counted 45 in the same house -- including 3 who are so new they haven't even been officially accepted by the other birds into the houses prior.  It was like a clown car out there!

Make sure you didn't have any mites move in, they won't want to go in the coops if there's mites.

We just dusted for mites about 3 days ago, and they all went into their right houses last night. Also, we move the houses every few days, as we use truck canopies on the bare ground and they make it muddy very quickly. Thanks for the suggestion, though. It's always a good idea to check for mites!

Too funny!  We usually have 3 distinct flocks of birds in 3 distinct houses (about 20 birds per house).  Yesterday, I went down in the evening to put the birds up and found that most of them were already in -- all in one house. This morning when I let them out we counted 45 in the same house -- including 3 who are so new they haven't even been officially accepted by the other birds into the houses prior.  It was like a clown car out there!

That is funny!

Today our younger rooster, who is totally full of himself because he has a fancier tail than the others, decided to walk out of the coop with one of his hens. The hen made it to the top of a fence, and he was on the ground below her. They were both playing statue like chickens do when they're completely freaked out. The rooster had sat back on his fancy tail with his feet sticking out in front of him in the air. We had to carry him back to the coop. The hen made it back by herself. :lol:

All are welcome, I'm just trying to make a place where it's a little more portland condensed.
I'm part of several groups and occasionally someone will say they have something I'm looking for....5 hours away (10 round trip!) and I'm to bring some buy/sell/barter listings closer to home!

Back
Top Bottom